Home

Fifa 17 Formations and Tactics

This is a discussion on Fifa 17 Formations and Tactics within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2016, 10:06 AM   #49
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Fifa 17 Formations and Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
I have been playing around with the team tactics trying to get teams to mimic their real life counter parts. I find some games the teams plays very similar to what their instructions are and other times not even close. Seems to be a mixed bag at times.
I've only been testing in exhibition matches which I know may or may not be best, but I've gotten happy with Leicester's tactic, which is one extreme. So now I'm trying to find a nice balance for the other extreme.

There are times in a game when they deviate from their assigned tactic, but I think that's okay as long as they still go back to it.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:39 AM   #50
Rookie

EvertonianSteeler's Arena

OVR: 0

I am interested in using the setting up of opponents tactics via the second controller as I use the second controller already to fix the incorrect line ups and implement my 'random number variable' for last minute unavailability.

However my concern is that if you adjust their tactics what is to stop the cpu from reverting to one of the presets on the fly during the game. Thus rendering your time as wasted.

Could this not also happen if you spent days inputting every European clubs correct tactics. They just switch on the fly to a preset depending on the current state of the game in the same way that the user controlled team can.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:06 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I've only been testing in exhibition matches which I know may or may not be best, but I've gotten happy with Leicester's tactic, which is one extreme. So now I'm trying to find a nice balance for the other extreme.

There are times in a game when they deviate from their assigned tactic, but I think that's okay as long as they still go back to it.
Have you been playing around with player instructions as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2016, 04:33 PM   #52
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvertonianSteeler
I am interested in using the setting up of opponents tactics via the second controller as I use the second controller already to fix the incorrect line ups and implement my 'random number variable' for last minute unavailability.

However my concern is that if you adjust their tactics what is to stop the cpu from reverting to one of the presets on the fly during the game. Thus rendering your time as wasted.

Could this not also happen if you spent days inputting every European clubs correct tactics. They just switch on the fly to a preset depending on the current state of the game in the same way that the user controlled team can.
Based on my experience from past years, they won't 100% of the time play as the tactic you set for them, however they seem to for the majority of the time. Things changed based on the score, time remaining, etc. However, still seems like it might be worth the time.

Quote:
Have you been playing around with player instructions as well?
Yep—pairing all tactics with specific player instructions. Do they work as well as they should (defensive midfielders bombing forward)? Nope, but they work enough it seems.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:44 PM   #53
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hi guys

I'm currently playing career mode with BVB on legendary. I'm trying a 4-1-4-1 formation but I can't create chances. Can you please help me with a formation and especially custom tactic to create chances against legendary CPU.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:59 PM   #54
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Finally getting somewhere with custom tactics. I have custom formations and tactics for Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, and Leicester. All feel like you're playing against a different team.

How to share them, as they all use player instructions, is still the mystery.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:45 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Finally getting somewhere with custom tactics. I have custom formations and tactics for Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, and Leicester. All feel like you're playing against a different team.

How to share them, as they all use player instructions, is still the mystery.
Do you have a YouTube account?

Last edited by DirtyCobra; 11-07-2016 at 04:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2016, 07:31 PM   #56
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Do you have a YouTube account?
I do, but haven't had the greatest success capturing video in the past. I am working on a way to easily share tactics, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »