Home

World cup in career mode ?

This is a discussion on World cup in career mode ? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2022, 12:23 PM   #1
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

OVR: 0
World cup in career mode ?

Can anyone comfirm if there is a world cup in career mode in 2022 ? I heard you wont get qualifying matches only some friendlies and a generic world cup will happen in 2026 so basically there is no (Qatar) 2022 world cup ? Thats a disappointment and lazy to put it mildly...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2022, 05:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: World cup in career mode ?

It has never occurred in FIFA that if the calendar year in career mode has the World Cup in it, the game has given you the actual World Cup. So that's not something 23 doesn't have, that's never existed.
This is why unless you REALLY insist on all the management stuff and fantasy elements of career mode like players getting angry, having their morale go up and down based on completely arbitrary career mode programming, and other such "story" type elements, it's better to just play tournaments which is what I've done forever. But again, for most people the fake transfers and player drama and management of the club is what they like. I'm more traditional. I want the season, I want wins and losses recorded. Period. I play a season, an FA Cup, a Champions League. All separate. Because the game does nothing of any importance to incorporate those tournaments into the career anyway. Again, unless YOU happen to like the money earning, etc.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 12-05-2022 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: World cup in career mode ?

Some people do like to build our favorite clubs from nothing into title contenders, or even get promoted to the top flight once in a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »