Home

EA : Time to get things straight!

This is a discussion on EA : Time to get things straight! within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
EA : Time to get things straight!

Dear EA,

I'm a buyer of your game since I was 17 years old (NHL 92) and except 2 games, I bought every NHL game that went out. I've made good and bad comments about your work, but overall, I place myself in the "happy" customer category.

This roster update shows a problem that the company have. It's called getting things straight. You cut the roster sharing part for a reason and never went forward explaining why.

So, most people, who don't have time to do a major roster overhaul, we're waiting for the roster update to start their BaP or BaGM. I'm not talking about the problems each mode is having, that's not the point. The point is that we just wanted a complete roster as accurate what people on the web we're doing.

There's several prospect that aren't to be found in the latest roster update. There's players that been put on roster and never played there. There's players who are long gone waived and still on teams.

Maybe you are facing licensing issues with some leagues, with some players associations, etc. I fully understand this. If that's the case, why don't you say it, making it clear, and tell people : "We won't come up with a roster update until NHL and AHL clubs are complete, accurate and ready to go."

In the process, adding something like this would be helpful : "We are deeply sorry if you are waiting for a roster update, but as EA, we are proud to offer quality product, quality updates and complete stuff for our customers. We won't get a roster update out until it reach quality standard you expect of us."

I would compare this roster update like telling my wife that she won't choose where we go out on special occasions because I will now take the matter in my own hands. Then, on the first occasion you have to impress her, you tell her you're working on a freakin' huge night, you're in contact with many people, working your butt off and asking for patience, since it will be worth it.

Then, that night, when I turn right in the Taco Bell parking lot, I smile and say : "Tadam...."

I don't know for you, but even if my wife always loved me from the bottom of her heart, there's a chance that she will be angry at me.

Don't be surprise if the feeling is the same for most of us about EA Sports roster release today...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: EA : Time to get things straight!

Ditto!

New roster equals "Boom...goes the dynamite!"

I can not believe it was done that poorly, especially when you put together such a great game only to have such a failure when putting out the rosters.

Its like pecan pie with no pecans.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:11 PM   #3
Banned

blues4life74's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
Ditto!

New roster equals "Boom...goes the dynamite!"

I can not believe it was done that poorly, especially when you put together such a great game only to have such a failure when putting out the rosters.

Its like pecan pie with no pecans.
Or pie. Instead they give you a not even half-a**ed chocolate cake and delete the chocolate. LOL that probably made no sense but neither do these rosters..
Old 11-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

LOL

The first post is dead on. I was looking forward to actually playing this game tonight. Now I have nothing to look forward too, besides a bag of Emerald Nuts and Three's Company re-runs.

So why has not EA made one post just to let people know that they know how bad the new roster sucks and they are working on a new one?
Old 11-02-2010, 12:22 PM   #5
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

Whoever was in charge of this update should get fired......or act like a professional and step down.

This stuff is unacceptable considering it's 2010 and roster updates have ben around for years now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #6
Banned

blues4life74's Arena

OVR: 2

You know with this roster ruiner that EA released today coupled along with the release of Randy Moss (Vikes fan), this is a HORRIBLE day. It's why I called in sick today. Too pi**ed to go to work. Great job EA
Old 11-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #7
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

i know this is just a video game and life should not be wasted on it....... but if you're not doing your job very well... y ou need to be FIRED!!!!

I wonder how these EA executives hire their people? WE WAITED FOR ALMOST 2 MONTHS FOR THIS ROSTER UPDATE AND THIS IS WHAT THEY GIVE US??????
Old 11-02-2010, 12:53 PM   #8
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

They would have been better off not putting out the update and just saying they were going to wait a couple more weeks to straighten this stuff out

Instead they blow smoke up our arses and hype up this massive update that is going to be awesome and release this trash

THAT'S THE PROBLEM

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »