Home

Is there a PS2/PC dev that visits here?

This is a discussion on Is there a PS2/PC dev that visits here? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Is there a PS2/PC dev that visits here?

I'm not asking the typical "next gen/current gen" etc question, I already know the answer and I'm fine with that. There are 2 things though that I am wondering about, and whether or not these will be supported in the PC version because they would be a huge help in terms of the overall enjoyment of the game:

1 ) Native widescreen resolutions
2 ) Full Xbox 360 controller support

These 2 things have yet to be in NHL, and they were only in Madden in 08 and they helped the game a great deal in terms of accessibility/enjoyment.

Yes, I want the 360 engine on the PC, but I'm totally willing to sacrifice it for the 2 things listed above. Is there any insight as to these 2 things for the PC version? Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 06:09 PM   #2
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Is there a PS2/PC dev that visits here?

1.The widescreen would depend on your monitor and it's native resolution.
2.I don't see why you couldn't use the 360 controller(not the wireless though).You would have to plug it into the usb.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:12 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Is there a PS2/PC dev that visits here?

I understand the logistics of these 2 features, I'm trying to figure out whether or not they're actually going to be fully supported natively by the game this year because it's yet to happen.

You can't choose widescreen resolutions in the NHL PC games, and the Xbox 360 controller is not fully supported within the game. There have been issues with the triggers not being functional, as well as the right analog stick.

I'm trying to figure out whether these are 2 things that EA Sports is going to address this year or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »