Home

Create team question on NHL 09

This is a discussion on Create team question on NHL 09 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Create team question on NHL 09

I havent really got into this mode yet, but I wanna make my beer league team and put all my buddies names in there.
Is this a long process to accomplish??
If I create a team, will there be generated names on the roster that I can just edit??
Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Create team question on NHL 09

are you talking for EASHL? then you would just create your team and invite your buddys through your club invites tab.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:56 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
If I create a team, will there be generated names on the roster that I can just edit??
Thanks.
You have to create each player, then create the team, then select the players from the FA pool (or from NHL teams) to fill out your team. Is it time-consuming? I guess. Is it fun? Yup. For me, as long as "time-consuming" is "fun", I'm okay with with it
Old 09-15-2008, 01:29 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
You have to create each player, then create the team, then select the players from the FA pool (or from NHL teams) to fill out your team. Is it time-consuming? I guess. Is it fun? Yup. For me, as long as "time-consuming" is "fun", I'm okay with with it
thanks.
I was hoping I didnt have to create each player, but I guess I'll make a couple each day, and go from there.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Can you use the Create A Team in franchise mode? I heard the "other game" took out that option this year so I was hoping NHL 09 didn't. I love creating a de facto expansion team and entering franchise mode. Please tell me I can do it here!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
MVP

yes you can. I made my team and Im 8-22-2 in franchise so far
Old 09-28-2008, 08:33 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

Sounds like my teams...I try to make it like the expansion draft so my workaround is I restrict myself to only picking one player from each team and then picking the #2 goalie; the #6 defensemen or below; and the #10 forward or below. And no rookies.

Then I release all the players from the team I replace and only pick two. I let the other teams sign the rest of the free guys.

I try to see how long it takes me to turn around the team. It has been a fun thing I have done since 2002 or so.

So how do you do it?
Old 09-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi
Sounds like my teams...I try to make it like the expansion draft so my workaround is I restrict myself to only picking one player from each team and then picking the #2 goalie; the #6 defensemen or below; and the #10 forward or below. And no rookies.

Then I release all the players from the team I replace and only pick two. I let the other teams sign the rest of the free guys.

I try to see how long it takes me to turn around the team. It has been a fun thing I have done since 2002 or so.

So how do you do it?
i created all my friends from my hockey teams (probably around 20 skaters and 2 goalies) which took a while.
Then I made the team and signed all my created players to that team.
I started off the franchise 1-15-1, but Im starting to win some games now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »