Home

Two Things From FIFA I would like to see in NHL someday...

This is a discussion on Two Things From FIFA I would like to see in NHL someday... within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
Two Things From FIFA I would like to see in NHL someday...

Someone brought this up in a post a while back, and, after playing FIFA 10, I agree and thinkthe devs should incorporate some of the ideas present in that fine game into NHL.

The first one is definitely seeing how Height, Weight, and Equipment affect the ratings of your BAP both online and off. It is very nicely done in FIFA 10 where when you make your player larger or smaller, bigger or shorter, it shows what ratings increase/decrease from this, which is very nice. Also, skates and stick flex/blade type should show how it affects ratings as well.

The other thing that I think should be included is the option to either pick a preset control config, or, configure your own. It would be really nice, since in Be A Pro, there are Two (2) unused buttons that could go a long way towards having a much better control scheme.

Think about it, you could keep Triangle for Boardplay, make Square Press for Hook/Hold for hold, Keep X as Stick Lift, Press O for defensive Body Jostle (kind of like in FIFA). For Instigating Fighting, Hold L2 and Hold O. Add in a rating for Boardplay and it's game-time.

Ok, I lied, I have a third thing. Having your Be A Pro be across all modes. No more having to make 1 guy for online, 1 guy for offline, 1 guy for franchise would be really nice as well.

Anyway, that is just what I think.

Oh, and please, if you really love us, your loyal NHL players, at least give us the option to turn off Auto-Poke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Two Things From FIFA I would like to see in NHL someday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBOO
For Hook/Hold for hold, Keep X as Stick Lift, Press O for defensive Body Jostle (kind of like in FIFA). For Instigating Fighting, Hold L2 and Hold O. Add in a rating for Boardplay and it's game-time.
I like this. A lot.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:38 PM   #3
Rookie

Mikey88's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm thinking that they will also include Game Face like they have in FIFA 10 right now.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:37 AM   #4
Pro

Lubey's Arena

OVR: 10

I like it. You should post it in Qb's threads to make sure it gets to the devs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »