Home

The Sports Game Guy's Sports Anomaly 163: NHL 11's David Littman

This is a discussion on The Sports Game Guy's Sports Anomaly 163: NHL 11's David Littman within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Quote:
"The most final and absolutely most epic Sports Anomaly ever podcasted features The Sports Game Guy (Todd Zuniga), Greg Ford, Andrew Fitch and Mike Suszek, as the longest-running sports video podcast in world history bids farewell with a sap-free send-off only the Sports Anomaly would dare to create. Featuring interviews with Madden 11's Mike Young & Ian Cummings, NCAA Football 11's Ben Haumiller and Russ Kiniry, NHL 11's David Littman, a Star Wars draft featuring Chris Baker, Bryan "The Fragile Eagle" Intihar, David Ellis, The Jack Kentala Sensation, DFW's rendition of the SA theme song in full, and so much sports video game information (Michael Jordan's cyber-return! BackBreaker's demo reactions! how sports gaming's changed in the last three years!) your skull will slightly melt. "If there was a podcasting Hall of Fame, the Sports Anomaly would go in on the first ballot, there's no question about it," Babe Ruth said in a public statement released via carrier pigeon from his cloud in heaven."
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The Sports Game Guy's Sports Anomaly 163: NHL 11's David Littman

could the mode litty speaks of be online franchise?

- started 11/15/08
Old 05-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

I can't listen to it right now, can anyone summarize?
Thanks!
Old 05-30-2010, 05:15 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Regarding Physics

Quote:
"Every hit in NHL 11 is gonna be a new hit because it's not animation based, it's physics based"
Quote:
"If you just clip a guys leg, he might trip on one leg, if you hit him low he's gonna go over you, if you hit him into the boards from ten feet away he's gonna go into the boards hard and actually use physics against the boards, not animations."
Quote:
It's all about these moments that happen in a sports game that you didn't expect, these crazy moments happen and hockey where you say "I can't believe I just saw that" and we wanna get to that point where anything can happen, we're not scripting anything, we just supply this tools/physics and then people go out and play.
- They have a russian phd in physics helping them with the physics engine

- Their focus with the physics was with the players and the boards. With "some new puck stuff" and "some new faceoff stuff".

- It's a 3 year plan to get the game entirely physics based

Regarding Broken Sticks

Quote:
People have to understand, we're not just putting broken sticks in there as a gimmick . . . the two pieces of the stick are on the ice and stay there, it can interrupt a pass . . . it could end up causing a breakaway . . . you can kick the puck up the ice . . . you can play defense without a stick . . . you can hand your stick to a defender if you're a forward
Regarding CHL

Quote:
You start your Be A Pro Career in the Memorial Cup
Quote:
All 120 jerseys are available for the EASHL
Other Information

- One new mode that they can't talk about yet, but "[Dave Littman] can let you know in a few weeks", that is "significantly new and different for NHL"

-They are "looking into" adding NCAA to the game but "there's been no agreement"

-Faceoffs is something that every hardcore guy has been p***ed off at us for, for not improving. [NHL 11] has a brand new system where you can do "almost anything off the faceoff that you see in real life, and you can even change hands on your way into the faceoff to be stronger on the backhand."

-I just wanna tease you with. . . "we did NHL arcade and someone else in EA Sports follows it with there sport . . . there are some really cool modes that EA Sports has done in the past year or so that we are sharing"

Quote:
On the ice, you don't wanna go back to '10 when you play '11
Quote:
Our hardcore fans are tough on us and I'm glad they are because it makes us strive to be better
Old 05-30-2010, 07:46 PM   #5
Rookie

blinkfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Did anyone notice the Creative Director of Madden say that NHL is bringing back a speed burst/turbo button this year?

He had to be talking about the "push puck" button, and that was new last year, not this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 10:08 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

If the madden guy said it was new, then it's not the push puck. that has been in there since 09 or possibly 08 ( i don't recall ). It was also never call turbo either, so I hope its in there again, that could make for some interesting game play.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:15 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I hope they fix the messed up online points system. It's totally broken.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:29 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

I heard the madden guy say they are following the NHL series and removing the Turbo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »