Home

Improved Presentation in 11

This is a discussion on Improved Presentation in 11 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Improved Presentation in 11

Any word on this? Seems all the other EA titles have made large leaps in presentation over the last couple years, but haven't seen it with this title. Seems to be the major thing lacking in this series. Heck..we're still missing linesmen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Improved Presentation in 11

What does linesmen have to do with presentation???
Old 06-22-2010, 09:31 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 47

Put a question mark please!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:00 PM   #4
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm still holding out some hope for presentation upgrades but I'm begining to lose that hope. I think real-time presentation may be in NHL 12.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 06-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #5
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Rammer said that there is still more info to be had. after all, it is still almost 3 months away
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

The real issue with presentation is that it's this nebulous concept. It means different things to different people.

To some people, presentation is about haircuts and equipment.

To others, it's the celebrations, pre-game introductions, the crowd and special patches.

To more still - it's linesmen, after the play stuff, real arenas, winter classic, etc.

To another group, it's commentary, stat overlays and in-arena announcers.

To most, it's a combination of the above.

While I'm sure I am missing stuff, that's the issue. It means a whole plethora of things. I wonder if the community shouldn't come up with new terms for each sub group to help keep it all straight?

Anyhow, I'm with the above poster - I think we'll get some different stat overlays, some intros and celebrations added and a few unique tweaks in this department this year, the real time presentation and true massive upgrades will be next year.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama83
The real issue with presentation is that it's this nebulous concept. It means different things to different people.

To some people, presentation is about haircuts and equipment.

To others, it's the celebrations, pre-game introductions, the crowd and special patches.

To more still - it's linesmen, after the play stuff, real arenas, winter classic, etc.

To another group, it's commentary, stat overlays and in-arena announcers.

To most, it's a combination of the above.

While I'm sure I am missing stuff, that's the issue. It means a whole plethora of things. I wonder if the community shouldn't come up with new terms for each sub group to help keep it all straight?
I dont know.. there are relatively standard terms at this point...

I think your last example is the only instance of Presentation. (depending on your context, pregame and crowd could be as well)

Some are just graphical or gameplay decisions and one would actually be a feature (Winter Classic)...

It's relatively simple to nail down what is "Presentation"...
If you were going to a game and sat on the Red line with a camcorder and recorded the game, then took it home and compared your tape to the footage from the local Sports channel side by side... EVERYTHING you see in the actual broadcast that is not on your camcorder is PRESENTATION. Including angles, cuts, text, overlays, and even the audio commentators... obviously replays too.

"Front End" Refers to the menu and title screens... pretty sure this includes load screens also (Though NHL10 entered a gray area here with the interactive and informative load screens).

I noticed the really little things, like seeing breath in cold weather in Madden, or seeing the marks the skates leave on the ice in NHL, is called "Polish" very often.

I hope I dont sound arrogant.. just pointing out that there really shouldnt be any confusion... Lots of things are open to opinions, but I dont think this is one of them..

It's not exactly set in stone, but it is generally accepted that these terms have specific meanings in the gaming community.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:17 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by UwantRadie
I hope I dont sound arrogant.. just pointing out that there really shouldnt be any confusion... Lots of things are open to opinions, but I dont think this is one of them.. .
I would agree with you, but the sport's gaming community "as a whole" doesn't necessarily agree.

I know in the NCAA community team entrances, player gear and whatnot is all brought up when people discuss "presentation". I can't remember, but there was a thread for presentation here - it'd be interesting to see what is there.

When I think presentation - I think broadcast. So, we're on the same page. It's the rest of the community that seems split.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »