Home

Old 09-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 24
NHL 11

I'm a little concerned with what I'm reading so far in the impressions thread for 12.(Lack of penalties, no 3 stars,crowd not rising to their feet at home games, etc)

So I'm asking the age-old question-----should I continue my trend of buying games a year later? I.e. NHL 11? I currently have 10, but would like a new change...

As a casual fan, current rosters, Winter Classic, jerseys, etc. doesn't bother me.

What can players tell me about it? Both negatives and positives. Thanks....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #2

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 11

Someone else will prob tell you more stuff,but the main things I noticed about NHL12 in terms of improvements for gameplay is that the puck moves more realistic. If a puck hits the goalie, it could go anywhere depending on the angle(compared to before where it might just bounce conveniently to a player). Goalies seem better in this years game,there's still glitch goals,but as long as you don't try to be real cheap and play the game normally, you'll have no problems.

Players can crash into goalies,so you won't just have a guy standing right by the goalie and his stick goes through the goalie and manages to get the puck in the net,if that happens this year, the goalie gets knocked down and a penalty happens. There's lots of other diff additions like AI is way smarter and every player has a specified role to play on the ice. So it'll be easier to score with your scorers and way more realistic checks.

NHL 12 does have many great improvements, the legends thing I'm not really that interested in even though I'm a fan. If you can find NHL11 for $20 or something then go for it. Just depends on you and if you think these improvements are $30 better. I'm getting Madden 11 since I probably like NFL as much as you like NHL so rosters and stuff won't make that much of a difference to me, and real specific/detailed errors I probably won't notice compared to the normal NFL fan, so it might be similar for you and NHL.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

So as a "casual fan" things like no 3 Stars being shown shouldn't bother you either. The penalty issue will surely be patched, so I don't think there is too much reason for concern there. Overall, even if the improvements feel minimal, this is the best EA Hockey game to date. Buy it and save yourself the hassle of a massive manual roster update.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
So as a "casual fan" things like no 3 Stars being shown shouldn't bother you either. The penalty issue will surely be patched, so I don't think there is too much reason for concern there. Overall, even if the improvements feel minimal, this is the best EA Hockey game to date. Buy it and save yourself the hassle of a massive manual roster update.
Well, like I said, wrong rosters don't bother me, unless big name players (Crosby, the Sedin's, Luogo, etc) are traded away.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Old 09-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #5

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

For NHL11, the roster update is accurate until April or May. After that, it's just draft picks and FA signing. Do what I did for those, only move the guys who got contracts that are 2M or more because that's 3rd line and better(meaning guys you'll be playing against or playing as).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #6
Rookie

Lerxt's Arena

OVR: 7

Will the online portions of NHL 11 still be functional after 12 releases? I have preordered 12, but I am concerned about some freezing issues being seen by members here. However, for hockey, I almost exclusively play head to head online games. Anyone know for sure?
Old 09-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #7
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Hey if rosters aren't a big deal, then go with NHL 11. If you're on the 360, Petrpuck did an Offseason update that you can download and use. He gives instructions on how to do the entire process.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #8
Rookie

Levesque7's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxt
Will the online portions of NHL 11 still be functional after 12 releases? I have preordered 12, but I am concerned about some freezing issues being seen by members here. However, for hockey, I almost exclusively play head to head online games. Anyone know for sure?
They disable online features of the previous year's game shortly after the new one comes out every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »