Home

be a pro help

This is a discussion on be a pro help within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
be a pro help

I have been playing Be A Pro since it was first added and for years i have been trying to figure it out. On NHL 12 I am basically the greatest hockey player of all time (based on stats). I was selected 1st overall in the draft as a RW, My team led the league in winning my first two years... i won rookie of the year, and led the league in hits and assists once. I led the league in goals, points, and won the stanley cup and conn smythe and MVP twice. I broke gretzky's record for goals in a season (by about 15) and pretty much every playoff scoring record in history.

However i am rated 78 OVR (85 if you count my booster pack but the game dosnt seem to count it anywhere except on the player growth screen(EDIT this seems to be a bit bugged, sometimes it shows me as 85 on the "lines" screen and sometimes only 78) This wouldnt bother me so much if it diddnt greatly effect how i was treated in the game. When my contract came up i dont think i was even offered 1mil by any of the four teams looking for me. Also every team was also only offering me a 1 year contract. Despite leading the league in scoring from the start of the season every year (and holding it) i get demoted to the 2nd line every year after one weak (not bad) game. I also do not get even an "A" let alone the "C" even when playing for a (sorry to any fans) awful team like the Oilers. Also I have never played a single second of overtime (in the regular season) and I only was just allowed to take part in shootouts.

I am currently half through my third year and am getting really annoyed by this. Every EA Sports game seems to have these issues with stats. No one can ever just get good fast, you have to play 10 seasons to finally get the credit you have deserved all along for your performance.

If anyone has some advice on how to boost my OVR please let me know. I have been mostly spending my xp on stats that should directly play to my specific specialty (sniper). Also i was playing on Pro but i switched to All Pro about a year in.

Last edited by irayge; 05-20-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »