Home

HUT is impossible...

This is a discussion on HUT is impossible... within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
Just started!

OVR: 0
HUT is impossible...

Be a GM and Be a Pro are fine, but HUT is unplayable once you hit the Pro tourneys.

I am playing sound hockey, I've been playing the series since NHL94 ( I'm an old fart ). I am destroying the CPU in the Rookie tourneys, but once I hit PRO it's like I'm on a peewee team playing the 1980 Russian team. They outhit, outskate...weak shots going in on my goalie, and their goalie is the 2nd coming of Plante. Ridiculous! You can't mess with sliders at all, either.

I try to cycle the puck, they pick it off. I play conservative D, and they split my Dmen every time. I bounce off of them, and I get platsered any time they touch me. My top 3 lines are all around 85 skill as well. EA really needs to address the discrepancies we're seeing in the difficulties. Not to mention the sliders being reversed for hitting power. Does no one test this crap before they slap the label on it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: HUT is impossible...

I didn't have much difficulty with the Pro tourney offline. Just stick with it and try to adapt to the computer's play. They will adjust if you do the same things over and over.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: HUT is impossible...

Finally got it going. Switched up to a neutral zone trap, and just focused on stopping their rush and being very opportunistic when I gained their zone. Shooting low on the goalie to get rebounds, crashing and scoring. On the odd chance I get alone in the slot, trying to go high blocker with a wrister. Having WAY more success now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »