Home

NHL 15 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Full Details Included

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Full Details Included within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-21-2014, 05:24 PM   #57
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Full Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
After 8 OTP games, this thing is a design disaster.

The games are nothing but constant pausing, fighting, offsides, penalties, and people spamming the line change/strategy select buttons. There would be even more penalties if the game actually called interference away from the play correctly, but instead, you can collide with anyone on the ice, and you won't get a penalty so long as you weren't pressing the body checking button.

This mess is what happens when we're forced to play with the unwashed masses instead of being allowed to join up with our friends. If you were planning on getting this game for OTP, please don't. Just keep playing the Xbox 360/PS3 version with your friends and you'll have a lot more fun.

This is what gets me...EA pushes so hard for this wonderful make believe online paradise we all would love to game in. Except it doesn't exist when you game with randoms and they should certainly know this just by examining their twitter feeds.

What on earth would make EA think random people would be civil and behave realistically in an online game mode? The FIFA, NHL, and Madden twitters are hilarious in their absurdity, a constant barrage of your game is weak and broken followed by EA twitter responses of Sorry ad nauseum.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:32 PM   #58
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I had been so ticked off with this game after all the updates - it played great right at release too. I hadn't played it in quite some time.

Since this latest patch and the latest roster update/last tuner, I just had THE BEST GAME I've ever had with current gen NHL 15. Thanks to an OS member and me laying off the left trigger, no more spin-o-rama either.

Played Vancouver at home and it was such a fun, messy game of hockey. I tied the game at 3 with 50 seconds left as it went off a Canucks player's stick and past Miller. We lost in OT, but shots were 37-34 Vancouver, hits were 18-17 Vancouver and there were 7 total penalties, 4 PP's for Vancouver and 3 for us. It was just a fun experience, loose pucks everywhere (I have no idea if going from authentic size puck back to normal does anything, but it seemed to me like the puck physics were different, could just be in my head).

Passing was Vancouver 77% and us 67%. It really felt like hockey again though.. so thanks to EA for the latest updates. I hope they don't go back to the previous tuners/patch settings.

I think it's safe to start a BeaGM season again and my copy of last gen hockey is going to suffer as long as the game stays like it is now.

Well done EA!
What sliders and settings are you using? Never mind, saw your reply above.

By the way, one of the opening cut scenes outside the Scottrade shows a cop working traffic - I used to do that. I no longer live in St Louis since I retired but have a Blues franchise starting. Saw my first Blues game as a teenager, now eligible for senior discounts everywhere, still no Stanley Cup.

Last edited by tessl; 10-21-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:48 PM   #59
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxers
New draft works in existing Be A GM saves.
Seriously?!?! That's awesome then!
Old 10-21-2014, 06:48 PM   #60
Rookie

I thought they were patching in fantasy draft for GM mode? I havent seen anyone mentioning it.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:50 PM   #61
Rookie

chrisphil1724's Arena

OVR: 13
how do you download the update on the Xbox One? A prompt for the update did happen when I booted up the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2014, 07:01 PM   #62
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
What sliders and settings are you using? Never mind, saw your reply above.

By the way, one of the opening cut scenes outside the Scottrade shows a cop working traffic - I used to do that. I no longer live in St Louis since I retired but have a Blues franchise starting. Saw my first Blues game as a teenager, now eligible for senior discounts everywhere, still no Stanley Cup.
The old checker dome , Hall and Plante Era the Plagers , Unger and the Red Baron great times used to listen to the games on wkomx I think ? Gonna fired up the game now and its sounds promising as me and Mizz play alike !
Old 10-21-2014, 07:07 PM   #63
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
After 8 OTP games, this thing is a design disaster.

The games are nothing but constant pausing, fighting, offsides, penalties, and people spamming the line change/strategy select buttons. There would be even more penalties if the game actually called interference away from the play correctly, but instead, you can collide with anyone on the ice, and you won't get a penalty so long as you weren't pressing the body checking button.

This mess is what happens when we're forced to play with the unwashed masses instead of being allowed to join up with our friends. If you were planning on getting this game for OTP, please don't. Just keep playing the Xbox 360/PS3 version with your friends and you'll have a lot more fun.
I wish I could like your post 10 times. What an absolute JOKE. Goddang EA get your heads out of your arse!!

Why would I want to play with 8 other random, immature kids + 1 decent/mature like minded gamer? I dont! I want to play with MY FREAKING FRIEND'S!! You know, the thing we've been able to do for years now. Or, the concept of everything being connected, and sharing, and multiplayer....unbelievable. I'm so tired of this crap...it's disgusting to be honest.

And they had AN ENTRY EXTRA YEAR to develop for next-gen.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #64
Rookie

I dont understand how people could be mad abut no player editor in the game. What, so you can make an unrealistic version of a player? I've never been enticed to make Zetterberg a 99, let alone boost his speed up some more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »