Home

Simple addition that would be great and a question...

This is a discussion on Simple addition that would be great and a question... within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2015, 09:37 AM   #1
Rookie

Posednik22's Arena

OVR: 0
Simple addition that would be great and a question...

Hi all,

been playing EA Sports NHL for ever. I mostly play offline and my favourite mode as always been ''be a pro''. Since they stripped it down this season, I hesitated buying it, but took the bait a few days ago when I saw that it was 60% off on Xbox Live...

Ok, we all know that ''be a pro'' has been left out to dry. No need for me to play without the ''sim to next shift'' option and your pro starting in the NHL right of the bat with a 71 overall ??? WTF ?

That being said, thanks to some great sliders from someone on this board, I am enjoying ''Be a GM'' right now. I play the games on ''RD lock position'' and having a blast...

My main GRIPE is this... Would it be that difficult that when you ''lock on'' on a position, to have a ''be a pro'' type of camera that follows your player around ??? Half the time I don't know where my guy is on the ice... Is there such an option that I didn't see to have a camera LOCK on to your player instead of the puck ?

Probably not a huge fix for EA since that camera is already in the game in BAP...

I like to use ''Action'' or ''Dynamic Low'' to be more immersed. Not a fan of other angles...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #2
Banned

HarryHood059's Arena

Re: Simple addition that would be great and a question...

i mostly play as a Center with the cameras you use as well. if you're on PS4 just hit the HUGE rectangle in the center of the controller. this will toggle the camera and helps tremendously. hopefully they bring back custom camera next year?

hope this helps?
Old 02-04-2015, 01:06 PM   #3
Rookie

Posednik22's Arena

Hi Harry,

Thanks for responding. I'm on Xbox One and if there's a button on that that would help me in any way, I hope someone can help, lol !

Toggle the camera ?

I know that when you play locked on offense, you have less of a "lost" feeling because you can see most of the ice, but on the D side you are screwed half the time...

I really love to be IN the moment, I play with the most realistic settings and nothing on screen and the camera following the puck at all times really takes away from the immersion...

What's the point of locking a position if you can't lock the camera as well ??? Kinda like eating a good steak with no knife...
Old 02-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #4
Banned

HarryHood059's Arena

yeah, EA really dropped the ball on this, as well as many other things with this game. i really have no idea about xbox, sorry.

when you hit the button (on PS4) the camera switches to one that resembles BAP and is more concentrated on you than the puck, though if you're positioned well you can still usually see it. when you hit the button again it returns to the previous camera position.

i actually stumbled upon this while playing the game as EA did a horrendous job with their manual instructions. if you're going to just put a picture with web address in the instruction manual section at least give us the ability to connect to EA's site that houses the manual for the game.

Last edited by HarryHood059; 02-04-2015 at 01:34 PM. Reason: btw
Old 02-04-2015, 02:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Posednik22's Arena

Will try later if there's a magic button on xbox as well, lol ! Hope I can find it...

If someone can help, please chime in :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2015, 07:27 PM   #6
Rookie

Posednik22's Arena

Harry, you just saved my life !

Just found that when you press the ''back'' button on the XB1 controller the camera stays on your guy... Terrific !

Just played a game with Action cam centered on the RDmens on my team and it was awesome !!! I removed everything on screen, even the scoreboard and with next gen graphic and my settings the game came alive for me !

Just lost 3-2 in 2nd overtime, but man, this was the best experience I've had in a long time playing hockey....

Thanks again Harry :-)
Old 02-05-2015, 11:17 AM   #7
Banned

HarryHood059's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posednik22
Harry, you just saved my life !

Just found that when you press the ''back'' button on the XB1 controller the camera stays on your guy... Terrific !

Just played a game with Action cam centered on the RDmens on my team and it was awesome !!! I removed everything on screen, even the scoreboard and with next gen graphic and my settings the game came alive for me !

Just lost 3-2 in 2nd overtime, but man, this was the best experience I've had in a long time playing hockey....

Thanks again Harry :-)
Nice!! You're more than welcome. It appears that we prefer to play the game the same way as I too have removed all obstructions on the screen. I do hope they bring back custom camera though?

While this game lacks in many ways, and is really only payable due to the fine slider contributions from dedicated OS members, you can clearly see there's a solid foundation on which to build.

Play on, my friend!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »