Home

NHL 16 Tuner Update For September 28

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Tuner Update For September 28 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-01-2015, 10:24 PM   #97
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 16 Tuner Update For September 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
You know what's scary? If you go over to the EA forums everyone talks about how great it is now. I posted over there they should go back to the pre 28th update and was met with negative reaction. If EA goes by their own forum this won't get addressed.
Crazy. I'm usually really positive about everything. I still am, but, just watch the snippet I posted. That has been every game I have played in the last 2 days. I didn't have that after the 28th update, but now do after the 30th.

I can't imagine many enjoying this with the ai that just keeps going east west until they can get past you.

Reminds me of when I was a kid and roller blades just came out. A group of kids on roller blades challenged the sneaker kids. Roller bladers thought they'd kill us. But we footers just side stepped, juked, and destroyed them.

That is what this game reminds me of..........except this time, I'm the roller blader.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:26 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 0

I made a post on the Facebook Ea NHL page this am that they need to go on operation sports and hear our concerns, maybe they will....I don't remember NHL 15 being this bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2015, 10:34 PM   #99
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
You know what's scary? If you go over to the EA forums everyone talks about how great it is now. I posted over there they should go back to the pre 28th update and was met with negative reaction. If EA goes by their own forum this won't get addressed.
Not surprising their mostly onliners there but I tried the delete profile trick but as thought I still got prompted that the gameplay was updated notice when I went into game .

So Im playing on V100 for kicks who knows and though its still robotic to me I learned to adjust as position on D is very important with this update and hopeful I dont start seeing the cpu getting speedy and my players slowly responding like in wet cement that I cant control that I saw alot yesterday .

UPDATE : Nah I scored and they came right back like they did before and Im not saying it cant be adjusted maybe lower there pass when they go into boost mode tac tac toe and scored for 2 quick shots and two goals ah that organic default feeling is gone and how do you adjust a slider for tilted ice other then hitting them back big ?

Its not horrible and its surly challenging but Im also seeing alot of that tilted ice through intimidation we used to have as Im getting more success after big hits but at this point who knows I dislike having to play like this .

Oh and after I got hit big now I cant hit a 10 foot pass to my player on the PP with nobody on him ? so I guess Ill have to hit big to rebalance the tilted ice intimidation ?

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-01-2015 at 10:55 PM. Reason: add on
Old 10-01-2015, 10:38 PM   #100
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Not surprising their mostly onliners there but I tried the delete profile trick but as thought I still got prompted that the gameplay was updated notice when I went into game .

So Im playing on V100 for kicks who knows and though its still robotic to me I learned to adjust as position on D is very important with this update and hopeful I dont start seeing the cpu getting speedy and my players slowly responding that I saw alot of the day before .

This is why since NHL 13 I've always put my skater acceleration slider 1 click higher for user. It will quasi neutralize their speedy, controller reading robot butts.

But I want to get back to playing the best hockey I ever played from 2 days ago
Old 10-01-2015, 10:52 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 0

You know how bad this is? I didn't post on here in 2 years for various life reasons, but this game has me so pissed off like no other game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 10:58 PM   #102
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
[/b]

This is why since NHL 13 I've always put my skater acceleration slider 1 click higher for user. It will quasi neutralize their speedy, controller reading robot butts.

But I want to get back to playing the best hockey I ever played from 2 days ago
Yeah I used that trick when I played on Allstar level in past games and I used the fatigue trick when on pro but I just hate to have to out cheat the AI when the game played responsive , fair and balanced on default before the 9/28 tuner

Update : As you mentioned Shogun Im gonna lower the AI learn to avoid some of that they know what your gonna do next stuff directional that is and to be honest in past years I always left that low but in NHL 15 and 16 before updates or tuner I didnt have to touch that .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-01-2015 at 11:12 PM. Reason: sp
Old 10-02-2015, 10:36 AM   #103
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

If I want to go back to the out of box tuning how do I delete the 'current' tuner?

I can't find the file like I can for other games...
Old 10-02-2015, 10:49 AM   #104
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
If I want to go back to the out of box tuning how do I delete the 'current' tuner?

I can't find the file like I can for other games...
Your can't if you are on XboxOne. On PS4 it's possible. It's the Profile file.

Backup ( to USB Stick or HDD) your season or BEaGM file and delete your saved data on XboxOne.
Start the gMe and reload your backup and you will be fine

BUT DO NOT GO TO HUT MODE cause then the damn Game Tuner Update will immediately download and you can't stop it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »