Home

another asked question to EA Devs

This is a discussion on another asked question to EA Devs within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2016, 04:07 PM   #1
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
another asked question to EA Devs

It would be personal preference. We set the Hardcore values to what we feel works well in 4 minute period games in online competitive play to retain fun factor. To be realistic you would probably want both to have a bigger effect so that at the end of a penalty kill shift when players are running around, they feel pretty sluggish and you need to dump the puck to get them off for a change. You can do tests such as hustling around with players vs gliding to see if the fatigue effect and how much it decreases your line feels correct for how much they are exerting. When it comes to recovery, it just depends on how often in regular line changes, you feel you are needing to use your 3rd and 4th lines and if that lines up in minutes over the course of game with what those lines get in the real world. If your recovery is too quick, you would be able to use your 1st and 2nd lines all game.

From EA Sports Developer to Me

here's my question I asked :

which is the best fatigue effect & fatigue recovery

I personally have mine at : fatigue effect: CPU: 6 / Human: 6 & fatigue recovery: CPU: 2 / Human: 2

should I try lower fatigue recovery: CPU: 1 / Human: 1 ? or balanced with both settings, so like fatigue effect: CPU: 2 or 3 & Human: 2 or 3 & fatigue recovery: CPU: 2 or 3 or Human: 2 or 3, I want the best setting, so that its best for line changes ? if that's possible to answer

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 05-13-2016 at 04:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2016, 04:33 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: another asked question to EA Devs

This is good info and I'm glad this dev was forthcoming with it, but at the same time it drives me crazy to think that they tune the "realistic" preset to match a 4-minute period. Seems completely counter-productive to me, and I wonder how much of the rest of the sliders (as well as the things we can't tune ourselves) are geared to periods this short.

I feel like it's been like this since the beginning of time in hockey games - there's such a great disconnect between the flow of a real life game and the video game one. And it's why, despite being a huge fan of the sport in real life, I've never been able to truly enjoy its video game equivalent.

EA's not the only one guilty of this, and Text sims are really the only kinds of games where I could get what I consider a full hockey game experience.

Last edited by bcruise; 05-13-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:56 PM   #3
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Re: another asked question to EA Devs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
This is good info and I'm glad this dev was forthcoming with it, but at the same time it drives me crazy to think that they tune the "realistic" preset to match a 4-minute period. Seems completely counter-productive to me, and I wonder how much of the rest of the sliders (as well as the things we can't tune ourselves) are geared to periods this short.

I feel like it's been like this since the beginning of time in hockey games - there's such a great disconnect between the flow of a real life game and the video game one. And it's why, despite being a huge fan of the sport in real life, I've never been able to truly enjoy its video game equivalent.

EA's not the only one guilty of this, and Text sims are really the only kinds of games where I could get what I consider a full hockey game experience.

I know I found it interesting on what he said about that also, o_o .
Old 05-24-2016, 12:29 PM   #4
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Second Answer to the EA Developer

How many minute periods are you playing when playing as the goalie? Also, what difficulty are you on and what game style? I would definitely recommend playing on Hardcore Game Style so that the game speed is more realistic and that they are more accountable for their shots, etc. And if you want them to have less goals against you, try lowering the difficulty one level. So if you are on All Star, try Pro and see how that feels.

How do they score most of their goals? That may also give indicators into what you should adjust. Thanks

from EA Developer to me (Replyed back)

to EA Developer from me (question asked from me first)

this is for players and goalies, am having hard time as goalie and too much high scores as player, goalie mode I personally say is too hard for me, like AI CPU is scoring in all directions its like impossible to stop them, now for players , scoring is too high I cannot get out of one game with with out the scores being 3-7 ratio, now for goalie should I lower AI learning, and mind me asking to which value ?, 0-4 or 5-6 for goalies AI learning, I know along time ago you guys released a anti-no AI CPU come logic value, now for players should I lower it to 0-3 or 4-5, I just want to play goalie mode with low scores and no AI CPU Comeback logic is it even possible to do this ? if it is tell me please =p

to EA Developer from me (hopefully get some answers soon) (answered back for second time to his response)

I have AI learning: 5 and cpu difficulty adjustment: 0 and goalie reaction speed: CPU: 1 and Human: 6, its weird they are scoring them in bunches, am also playing on be a pro setting: authentic and I also tried 8 Minutes, but the scores are like balanced , and every time we get a lead they come back from a 4-1 lead and its like my team just sits back, and they are scoring them pretty realisticly, but... its like my goalie can't stop them o.o, I have my game speed: 3 and player acceleration: CPU: 4 / Human: 4, I just don't get it I have all the settings in my favor and am still loosing , my record is like wins: 1 and 25, and my goals aganst is like: 5.00 and save percentage is like .823, they are scoring too much in all-star: hardcore, I will definitely try pro: hardcore.

so stay tuned for more answers soon! (I Hope )

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 05-24-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:32 AM   #5
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

third question : keeping it close engine info

How are 1 goal games not fair? Seems pretty balanced. Try lowering the shot accuracy and power and puck control if you want the scores lower. Also, lower the speed if you want less chances/goals and increase defensive sliders. There isn't a 'keep the game close' mechanic -- you are believing too much what you read on the forums. Personally I have a 90+ win percentage and outscore my opponents 3 or 4 to 1 on average with lots of game that are 5-0, 6-0, etc. If there was a mechanic that they suggest, these things wouldn't be possible. I am also a big fan of realism, so you won't see me doing what many would consider 'cheesy' so not sure what to say there...

from EA Sports developer to me (he responded)

from me to EA Sports Developer (first question I asked about high scores)

I found I had to return back to all-star: hardcore and change the Icing to no touch icing, everything works fine but... the scores always like 4-5 or 5-4, its like that every-game , I dunno what's causing it to do that, the scores are way too balanced , it might be that keeping it close engine, what exactly does this engine do by the way, unless you can guys can lower the scores and make AI CPU goalie beatable and AI CPU offense and defense toned down little bit, so I can least win some games, but for now I can't even get a fair game out of the AI CPU, I've tried every-thing to lower the scores but no vail <.<, I suggest you guys re-test the game and see for your self just how bad the goalie mode is :<

to EA Sports Developer from Me (fourth response I asked)

kay... thanks for the tip, I will try to lower it then, but I personally don't get the scores they seem really balanced, I can't get out the period with out being 3-2 or 4-3, most of the second period its like 6-4 or 6-5 and then... third its like 6-12 scores o.o, I would suggest you guys really look at it please, there is something really strange going on in the sliders of be a gm.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »