Home

Whats the Deal with Matchmaking??

This is a discussion on Whats the Deal with Matchmaking?? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2017, 08:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Whats the Deal with Matchmaking??

When I do an online Vs. I pick my team and click start, but I can't see what team the other guy is picking and he can't see me? So I've played 3 online games and my opponent happened to pick the same team as me all 3 times? I've played leafs vs leafs 3 times in a row. Am I doing something wrong?

This is NHL 18 by the way. Oh so far I'm liking the gameplay and the new dekes which are hard to pull off which is a good thing.

Last edited by DavidPuddy; 09-12-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 09:31 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 31
Re: Whats the Deal with Matchmaking??

I haven't played online Versus yet but I am assuming they are trying to get people not to quit out of games....the Leafs are going to be a popular team now...young, fats with some stars.

But remember the game hasn't fully released yet either so the player base isn't that big yet.

That said I think if they are going to hide your opponent then make it so you can't match up against the same team.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:39 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
I haven't played online Versus yet but I am assuming they are trying to get people not to quit out of games....the Leafs are going to be a popular team now...young, fats with some stars.

But remember the game hasn't fully released yet either so the player base isn't that big yet.

That said I think if they are going to hide your opponent then make it so you can't match up against the same team.
young fats? hahah, maybe you meant fast, haha.

that would be a shame if they hide your opponent and then also allow it to use the same teams., i like to know who i'm playing against from the start and know what jersey they are picking, light or dark. This would be a huge step backward, makes know sense.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yes they hide your opponents because people whined that others back out on them because they are getting tired of playing the same teams over and over and over. I could care less if someone backs out, it's not that hard to find another game. I can't stand it when you play the same team you are using. I just leave when the game starts before the puck drop. Which one is better?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2017, 08:14 PM   #5
Rookie

damn , that is not good then, not liking that
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »