Home

EA Sports UFC: Pettis vs. Aldo Video Analysis

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC: Pettis vs. Aldo Video Analysis within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2014, 11:05 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
EA Sports UFC: Pettis vs. Aldo Video Analysis

EA has finally released some gameplay video for EA Sports UFC, and it features the (hopefully) upcoming title fight between Anthony "Showtime" Pettis and Jose Aldo. There's a lot to take in with this video, so let's break it down.

Read More - EA Sports UFC: Pettis vs. Aldo Video Analysis
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Finishing looks tied to the damage system. You can see the body map have specific regions turn a dark red but after the player recouped the color faded. I assume that if you can follow up soon enough you before the damage marker is reduced the finish will come.

As far as stamina and the speed of the fight; it really seemed as if the players were trying to show off striking and trying to land some big shots to show an exciting moment. I agree though and hope that playing like that takes a significant toll, especially in the later rounds, on stamina. The worst thing THQ ever did was make the casual mode ranked and leave the sim mode exhibition for there last UFC game. On sim it was almost a perfect balance and forced a strategic fight while on normal mode one could just spam power shots one after another continuously with little repercussion. It was like playing two different games with the far inferior version being the one that counts. Hopefully EA can take something from that.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:45 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4
Couldn't agree with this review more. I know players hate to hear terms like "less control" but there are just some aspects that hinder realism. Attempting kicks or punches from unreal distances. Successful easy slam attempts coming out of failed take-downs.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #4
MVP

Can't wait for this game!
Old 05-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm a little disappointed with the rosters to be honest. I was a big fan of event mode in the previous installments and I wish the weight classes were a little deeper. Also, is it just me or does it see. Like in the gameplay video there are way to many kicks? I'm a big ufc fan and order every event, and quite frankly dudes don't throw 50 head kicks around, and try all kinds of crazy cart wheel kicks and such.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_time85
I'm a little disappointed with the rosters to be honest. I was a big fan of event mode in the previous installments and I wish the weight classes were a little deeper. Also, is it just me or does it see. Like in the gameplay video there are way to many kicks? I'm a big ufc fan and order every event, and quite frankly dudes don't throw 50 head kicks around, and try all kinds of crazy cart wheel kicks and such.
That is the question you have to ask whenever making a sports game. How much control do you give the user? I think everyone should be free to play the game as they please I just want to see more realistic outcomes from those choses. Attempting those rare explosive techniques leave the person who performs them greatly exposed. Pettis found himself on his back after missing an attempted cartwheel kick. He was able to get the W via submission but it was still a dangerous spot for him to be in. I just wish those moves were very difficult to pull off. Also I wish what moves you could attempt were heavily dictated by your distant from the other fighter, and they required a series of buttons of and directions to execute.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:04 PM   #7
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
I cant wait for the demo to release so we can finally get our hands on with the game. Videos can only show so much and without knowing setting details (difficulty, casual/sim?, stamina, speed, etc) or having a feel for the game its very difficult to gauge how good and realisitc this game is. It looks good so far if viewed from a non-critical eye (trying to hold judgement based on one video). Hopefully the final version (or perhaps future patches) will eliminate conerns and potential issues.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:05 PM   #8
Banned

Re: EA Sports UFC: Pettis vs. Aldo Video Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_time85

That was a lot of kicks for a UFC fight...however...not a lot of kicks for an Aldo vs Pettis fight. Those guys are top 5 kickers in MMA with Aldo easily the best at low kicks.

If that were Maynard vs Diaz and that amount of kicks came out it would be sort of weird.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »