Home

"Tekken" type combos.

This is a discussion on "Tekken" type combos. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2016, 11:00 PM   #1
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
"Tekken" type combos.

Okay, so there are certain combos in the game that will work every time if your opponent doesn't block right away. The jab straight, to leg kick to headkick makes the headkick unblockable. This is at the end of a combo, and has a lot of damage. There needs to be something done so there are no combos like this that will have this effect.

We need the ability to block quicker after a hit reaction, or the hit reactions to be quicker so we can block. I really like the hit reactions, but I don't like that these can be used. We should never lose the ability to block. The block should break down, but these "free" shots need to be looked into. I played a guy that did this the whole match. (When he was able to. A lot of times I parried him.) I did end up winning on the ground, but couldn't stand that I was helpless at any point. That means it is like a finishing move. It just reminds me that it is an arcade game. Sure, there are instances where you can bring someone's block down. However, that is from making them have to block somewhere else. Not using the game's mechanics against you.

What do you think they should do, other than take out the combo multiplier? Or increasing damage. The combo multiplier if taken out, would make a lot of matches go to a decision. Building up the damage would be a lot harder. Increasing damage would ruin Ultimate Team where any tweak could break it. Think higher OVR CAFs are hard now? Try facing them when they do even more damage than they already do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2016, 12:07 AM   #2
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: "Tekken" type combos.

My favorite combos in UT are the 7-10 strike combos that people throw over and over and over which makes the fight a lot of fun...

Then you try to block and shoot a single while they are missing you with a head kick and they deny it.

Thumbs up!
Old 04-27-2016, 12:13 AM   #3
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Not really what I was talking about, but agreed those are fun to punish. The denying of takedowns when your feet aren't even planted is a whole 'nother thread lol.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:33 AM   #4
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Not really what I was talking about, but agreed those are fun to punish. The denying of takedowns when your feet aren't even planted is a whole 'nother thread lol.
i made a thread about this on the ea forum.

Its crazy that your feet can be off the ground and still deny my takedown and add on top of that you can do it with no stamina.

Ughhhhhh...
Old 04-27-2016, 12:36 AM   #5
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Sorry I should have read the thread better instead of skimming.

The combo multiplier could be removed and I would be fine with that. It's kind of silly and doesn't exist in real life. Your strikes don't do more damage the more you throw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2016, 12:50 AM   #6
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
Your strikes don't do more damage the more you throw.
True, but they need to make a way for combos to mean more. This is one way to do that. If there was no multiplier in, most matches would go to a decision.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:14 AM   #7
Rookie

I really love the stuns. They make hits more satisfying. But I totally agree that they should not get abused. I would always go for a more simulation approach. But thats a lot of work which I see - with a big IF - in a next game: Remove Combo multiplier, add up damage done like in Undisputed.
I also see your concerns about Ultmate Team, which could be easy be solved: Remove that stupid division system (really, I liked the belt system from UFC1 more) and rank them out of a mix of fighter stats and Result Stats.
The division system is even broken for the ranked fights. If you only use the featured fighters you cannot fall down a division.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:43 AM   #8
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

As real as it gets...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »