Home

You best trick or tip since playing

This is a discussion on You best trick or tip since playing within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2017, 09:52 AM   #41
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: You best trick or tip since playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I use movement, and counter strike alllll day...... and finish dudes alllll day.

You don't need to throw absurdly unrealistic combos to be good at the game.....

It worries me intensely that a Game Changer, who's opinion is weighted so heavily, is so incredibly defensive, and supportive of the combo multiplier, and crazy stupid unrealistic combos.

No offense, but your style is so toxic, and embodies everything that's wrong with this game...
Just wanna chime in a bit here. So, as you know Haz, I play in EFC, which is a league where we try to have a much more realistic and cheese free type of play.

First off, to get this out of the way; you cannot, and will not win a fight in this game against any decent player by purely using single strikes. You have to use combos to do any sort of damage, due to the utterly stupid combo multiplier that EA Canada have put in place for this instalment.

What you can do, however, which was not the case in UFC 1, is be successful with a more realistic style of play. You can use single shots to set up combos, and not everything HAS to be a combo, you know? Even in ranked, I'm in Division 7 and I'm doing just fine playing like I do in EFC, which is the only way I play anyway. I try my best to fight as sim as I can without seriously damaging the possibility of winning. If I had my way, we'd have the EA MMA/UD3 counter/vulnerability windows back, and damage would be based off timing, not combos, and I'd be throwing way more single shots. Hell, I've tagged people with perfectly timed right straights, and it does nothing. Meanwhile, they can parry one shot, and knock me down instantly. Where is the logic in that?

Listen, I think EA Canada are a fine team, and have crafted a somewhat good game with EA Sports UFC 2. Is it perfect? No, not by a long shot. However, while IMO, it's not Undisputed 3, and while the core game has issues, it is not a bad MMA game. The grappling is probably the best and most interactive we've ever had.

Honestly, UFC 2 would be MUCH improved and make the wait for UFC 3 WAY easier by introducing a patch that disabled the combo multiplier and shoved EA MMA's counter windows in there. Even if it's rough around the edges, at least you will actually be able to punish spam. It wouldn't bother me as much if we could actually properly punish somebody who is winging 1-2's down the pipe.

At the very least, UFC 2 does have some instances where you can actually do some good damage with a strike that was timed well, with the extra damage when you hit somebody who is swaying.

Generally I can beat the spammers by using all of my experience, and either by taking them down or having good timing with my combos, but it doesn't have to be this way. It shouldn't.

GameplayDev, Skynet, anyone, if you see this, I hope you and your team have made the right choices. There cannot be any way in where you thought the combo multiplier was the better choice over actual damage with counter windows.

I mean maybe there was some thoughts that sounded good at the time, but it really would raise the skill ceiling if there was single shot power and it would make fights MUCH more exciting and dangerous.

That also means you'd be able to hurt people who hug high block all fight, if you manage to sneak in a counter right straight or uppercut while they were striking, it should do some decent damage at least.

I have faith in you, and EA Canada. I know GPD said a while back that it was a travesty that EA MMA counter windows were not retained for EA UFC, and since he is now the head of striking, after seeing what he has done with grappling, it's giving me a lot of hope.

I'm gonna be so disappointed though if the combo multiplier returns, or if there is no way to punish spam.

Good luck with the development guys.

Last edited by TheUFCVeteran; 05-30-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2017, 01:14 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
*Criiiinge*

Toxic Mortal Combat combos like this ruin the game.
At the beggining I played this game like it was a real fight (always starting with a jab, not more than two strikes combo and sometimes three), but a lot of people uses de combo multiplier and it is impossible to win if the don't fear the combo mulitplier too.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:02 PM   #43
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
I use movement, and counter strike alllll day...... and finish dudes alllll day.

You don't need to throw absurdly unrealistic combos to be good at the game.....

It worries me intensely that a Game Changer, who's opinion is weighted so heavily, is so incredibly defensive, and supportive of the combo multiplier, and crazy stupid unrealistic combos.

No offense, but your style is so toxic, and embodies everything that's wrong with this game...
I play the game to have fun and win. It is a balance. If not throwing multiple strike combos was the meta, that is what I would do. It is not fun for me to dance for 25 minutes throwing single strikes knowing that if I am playing a competent player, there will most likely never be a finish.

I am NOT supportive of the combo multiplier. I am supportive of playing to win. At the highest level of the game, throwing multiple strike combos is near the bottom of 'cheesy' play. There is so much grimey **** you can do in this game that I stay away from, but no one talks about that here because they don't ever see it or notice it.

I'm sure some of the GC's would back me up on this. I don't support the combo multiplier man, I really don't. I adapt to what is given and play off that. If I played like how you want me to, I wouldn't have gone to Vegas or won the 205 LEC.

Not to mention, I don't think there's a single player not named Martialmind who can give me any issues in a point fighting match. If you can find someone, let me know. I won't parry, won't throw combos over uhh what, 2? 3? You pick.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:09 PM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
I play the game to have fun and win. It is a balance. If not throwing multiple strike combos was the meta, that is what I would do. It is not fun for me to dance for 25 minutes throwing single strikes knowing that if I am playing a competent player, there will most likely never be a finish.

I am NOT supportive of the combo multiplier. I am supportive of playing to win. At the highest level of the game, throwing multiple strike combos is near the bottom of 'cheesy' play. There is so much grimey **** you can do in this game that I stay away from, but no one talks about that here because they don't ever see it or notice it.

I'm sure some of the GC's would back me up on this. I don't support the combo multiplier man, I really don't. I adapt to what is given and play off that. If I played like how you want me to, I wouldn't have gone to Vegas or won the 205 LEC.

Not to mention, I don't think there's a single player not named Martialmind who can give me any issues in a point fighting match. If you can find someone, let me know. I won't parry, won't throw combos over uhh what, 2? 3? You pick.
Now I'm curious about what that is. 1-2 spamming? Parry counters? Any more grimy **** we don't know about?
Old 06-03-2017, 09:45 AM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliojin
The combo lead body kick + righ (rear) uppercut + and lead head kick.

It's letal. I have knocked down (and direct knocked out if the uppercut causes health event) almost everybody I have fought in UT. Even divisions 8 with 90% - 95% wins records and much better stand up than me by far.
Quote:
*Criiiinge*

Toxic Mortal Combat combos like this ruin the game.
It was indeed pretty effective, you even dropped me with it. It's pretty annoying when that's all you do however.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2017, 05:30 PM   #46
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Can someone explain to me whats fun about throwing the same combo over and over and over again?

So many people play like this.. I really can't comprehend how it's even fun when there is zero dynamic gameplay happening, and you're just doing literally the same thing over and over and over?

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 06-03-2017, 05:39 PM   #47
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Can someone explain to me whats fun about throwing the same combo over and over and over again?

So many people play like this.. I really can't comprehend how it's even fun when there is zero dynamic gameplay happening, and you're just doing literally the same thing over and over and over?
If it lands it lands. I don't have a problem with it, as it helps me learn to defend it. I realize that's easier said than done with lots of combos.

I've certainly been guilty of it, but I've been trying to get away from it for a while. When I'm playing someone on mic normally it never happens, but fights without mic seem so bland to me I just go through the motions sometimes.

Course one of my tricks is to throw a dumb combo repeatedly so that rare time I mix it in with an odd strike almost always catches opponent off guard.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #48
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
If it lands it lands. I don't have a problem with it, as it helps me learn to defend it. I realize that's easier said than done with lots of combos.

I've certainly been guilty of it, but I've been trying to get away from it for a while. When I'm playing someone on mic normally it never happens, but fights without mic seem so bland to me I just go through the motions sometimes.

Course one of my tricks is to throw a dumb combo repeatedly so that rare time I mix it in with an odd strike almost always catches opponent off guard.

That last part is a real tactic fighters do in real life. it's called Pattern Setting. That's how a lot of devestating strikes are set up.

Watch Vitor - Bisping again for a great example. Round 1 Vitor is throwing tons of Body Kicks, then Round 2, all of the sudden he switches it up with a Head Kick, Bisping blocks his body expecting the Body Kick again....and BAM, Savage KO.

You can see Bisping go to parry the Body Kick, but instead getting blasted in the face.

Pattern Setting is why the kick landed.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 06-03-2017 at 05:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »