Home

You best trick or tip since playing

This is a discussion on You best trick or tip since playing within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2016, 08:32 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Question You best trick or tip since playing

A lot of us spend time debating and introducing ways in which we think the game can be patched or upgraded for the next iteration.

For more positive thread, and one I think could be useful and a great resource with high group participate would be for everyone to list the 1-3 biggest game improving tips/tricks etc. they've learned which have most positively impacted their game. The trick/tip/improvement can be from this site, something you learned on your own, or from any other source.

I'll start:
1.) Best offensive tip I've learned which has helped improve my game (which I attempt to make jiu jitsu oriented) was learning that i can pre-load grapple block when transitioning from top half guard into top mount. My % of fights ended from mount, or dominated from mount has sky-rocketed

2.) Best piece of striking advice was to figure out more ways to spend time in the pocket while minimizing damage -- specifically I've been seen a lot of improvement in my standup by use of the side step (left stick flick before and after a combo) to create angles in my advantage offensively and defensively while avoiding damage; and secondly I've been practicing, with varied but improving results, the sway within striking range. Next phase here is to learn to parry far more effectively as it's currently a detriment to my game when attempted
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 10:55 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: You best trick or tip since playing

How do u preload grapple block what does that mean?
Old 06-23-2016, 11:39 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddfuture
How do u preload grapple block what does that mean?
When you pass from half guard to mount you don't have to time the grapple block. Just hold R2 and R stick left or right (toward their escape). It's the only transition in which you don't need to time the grapple block
Old 06-23-2016, 01:09 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
When you pass from half guard to mount you don't have to time the grapple block. Just hold R2 and R stick left or right (toward their escape). It's the only transition in which you don't need to time the grapple block
Wow you just added soemthin to my game thanks.
I just learmed about the 3to12 and 9to 12 swoops
Old 06-23-2016, 03:14 PM   #5
Rookie

One consistent finish I've been able to perform off of an opponent in rocked state (since punches to head almost never work when they shell up and backpeddle). Assuming you have decent clench and some throws that inflict head damage (my favorite being the judo throw from over-under) - clinch and throw, you'll often KO your opponent with the throw and/or a couple elbows when you land in side control.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 03:27 PM   #6
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz137
One consistent finish I've been able to perform off of an opponent in rocked state (since punches to head almost never work when they shell up and backpeddle). Assuming you have decent clench and some throws that inflict head damage (my favorite being the judo throw from over-under) - clinch and throw, you'll often KO your opponent with the throw and/or a couple elbows when you land in side control.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
haha nice

One of my favorite KOs ever was from a High Suplex Slam Didn't even know you could KO Ppl from slams until I did this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAHBEykPH4I

My #1 Tip is when you are in Full Mount; or Back Side Control (Dominant)

BE PATIENT!!!

Don't just throw strikes wildly, or you will get arm-trapped and/or burn out your stamina. Remember: POSITION FIRST! Your opponent will be freaking out (usually) so be patient; deny a transition or two; stop another transition or two with strikes; wait til they start to REALLY freak out, and before you know it they will be TKOd

patience patience patience timed up with vicious fury = the way to dominate

(in the youtube above...no reason for me to be patient since I already had massive initiative and was doing tons of damage; but you know what i mean )
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 06-23-2016, 04:35 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
haha nice

One of my favorite KOs ever was from a High Suplex Slam Didn't even know you could KO Ppl from slams until I did this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAHBEykPH4I

My #1 Tip is when you are in Full Mount; or Back Side Control (Dominant)

BE PATIENT!!!

Don't just throw strikes wildly, or you will get arm-trapped and/or burn out your stamina. Remember: POSITION FIRST! Your opponent will be freaking out (usually) so be patient; deny a transition or two; stop another transition or two with strikes; wait til they start to REALLY freak out, and before you know it they will be TKOd

patience patience patience timed up with vicious fury = the way to dominate

(in the youtube above...no reason for me to be patient since I already had massive initiative and was doing tons of damage; but you know what i mean )
Good point. I'm good at staying patient in both of those positions, but back seated back mount pisses me off. It should be one of the hardest to escape, and now matter how hard I try to read the tells with hand fighting something is unintuitive and I lose back control quickly no matter how patient I am.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:36 PM   #8
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

My best move is blaring Shia LA Bouf's "Do it" video on loop

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »