Home

This might be a dumb question

This is a discussion on This might be a dumb question within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2017, 12:48 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
This might be a dumb question

I'm guessing I'm not alone here, but I have questions that pop up here and there, that don't really fit into a more serious topical thread. Figured I'd set up a thread in the event some others have dumb questions, or ancillary to the game play itself. Whatever.

Last edited by Ksearyback; 06-08-2017 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Made one long post into two separate ones
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2017, 12:52 PM   #2
Pro

Re: This might be a dumb question

I'll kick this off and hopefully others will join in. I'd like to learn from everyones dumb questions!

1.) Is there an easy way to message someone after a match or do you have to attempt to remember their user ID?

2.) Have people somehow figured out a way to make the game go laggy/choppy just at the time they apply a submission? I've lost 2-3 times in the last two weeks to submissions (and I rarely lose by submission) to guys where an otherwise flawless connection went super laggy during the mini game

3.) My last 20 matches have been against McGregor and Lawler. This isn't really a question so much as a statement to the OP of some characters. Anyone else gone on a run of the same boring opponents like this?

4.) does this game tend to get choppy at certain times of the day? If so, and the answer has something to do with the server... then how the hell do they ever plan to have more than 10-15k users if that is considered a surge period?

5.) At the highest level of the game, do people use the modified strikes or is it all quick combos? I try to keep distance, get in land 1-3 shots, then get out and keep distance until I can get to the ground. I bounce between lvl 5-6. I have a much harder time against the McGregor/Lawler combo spammers than against those who throw modified strikes. But maybe I haven't played good enough guys to see them used correctly. I'd love to know how to mix them into my style to get some knockouts too.

I'm sure I have many others. I look forward to answers... and more questions

Last edited by Ksearyback; 06-08-2017 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-08-2017, 01:08 PM   #3
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

1. Fighternet should link you to a link to message them.

3. A character lock sounds good doesn't it?

Last edited by fishingtime; 06-08-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:29 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
1. Fighternet should link you to a link to message them.

3. A character lock sounds good doesn't it?
What would a fighter lock look like? In Ranked, you can't use the same player in a particular weight twice in a row, for example?
Old 06-08-2017, 03:56 PM   #5
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
What would a fighter lock look like? In Ranked, you can't use the same player in a particular weight twice in a row, for example?
it could be a setting for how you look for matches. Give the option to turn two characters off, and search for similar and quick matching. Given that many people would turn off the same OP fighters, you should never have a problem.

I think it would actually be best to select your fighter before you even look for a match. Then search based on who was selected. You could take that many paths to search.

They have to get away from the skill based matchmaking if they want more accurate leaderboards. I would actually kind of like that to be a search setting. Free search, or skill based. It might divide the community, but why wouldn't you want an "elite" leaderboard? Save the regular for the pions.

Last edited by fishingtime; 06-08-2017 at 03:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2017, 04:44 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
it could be a setting for how you look for matches. Give the option to turn two characters off, and search for similar and quick matching. Given that many people would turn off the same OP fighters, you should never have a problem.

I think it would actually be best to select your fighter before you even look for a match. Then search based on who was selected. You could take that many paths to search.

They have to get away from the skill based matchmaking if they want more accurate leaderboards. I would actually kind of like that to be a search setting. Free search, or skill based. It might divide the community, but why wouldn't you want an "elite" leaderboard? Save the regular for the pions.
I like it! I co-sign the idea
Old 07-03-2017, 11:22 PM   #7
Pro

This might be a dumb question, but how am I supposed to interpret the after fight damage system?

It always adds up to 100%, right? So in relative terms, is this saying I've landed that % of damage? Or does it mean that's the % of punches landed to that area (sorry, I didn't test it)?

Am I just missing something? Seems like a absolute scale would be more helpful in interpreting what kind of damage was inflicted.

With the current 'relative scale' I may only land 1 jab to the face in a 5 round fight. That's my only landed strike. The after-fight thing would show 100% head with 0% body and legs. This would read the same if i pieced up my opponent with 400 head strikes and no body or leg stikes. How is that helpful?
Old 07-04-2017, 11:27 AM   #8
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
This might be a dumb question, but how am I supposed to interpret the after fight damage system?

It always adds up to 100%, right? So in relative terms, is this saying I've landed that % of damage? Or does it mean that's the % of punches landed to that area (sorry, I didn't test it)?

Am I just missing something? Seems like a absolute scale would be more helpful in interpreting what kind of damage was inflicted.

With the current 'relative scale' I may only land 1 jab to the face in a 5 round fight. That's my only landed strike. The after-fight thing would show 100% head with 0% body and legs. This would read the same if i pieced up my opponent with 400 head strikes and no body or leg stikes. How is that helpful?
It not a percentage of Dmg done, it just shows which parts of the body you attacked most.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »