Home

3 Things EA Sports UFC 3 Could Learn From Fight Night Champion! (MartialMind video)

This is a discussion on 3 Things EA Sports UFC 3 Could Learn From Fight Night Champion! (MartialMind video) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
3 Things EA Sports UFC 3 Could Learn From Fight Night Champion! (MartialMind video)

The big focus will be on striking this iteration, but there are definitely major issues with the ground game. Actual wrestling and control is absent unless you count the submission mini game, ground striking is half baked, and the best aspect, grappling is still a work in progress. So we have a 1 and a 1/2 system ground game with a tacked on mini game. I'm hoping to one day have a 3 system ground game, grappling, wrestling, striking, that invokes a rock, paper, scissors type strategy, with the kicker being the submission mini game blended into the 3 systems a bit better. Without blowing up the current framework and foundation, I believe this could all be implemented upon what the game currently is. The UFC 2 ground game is still checkers but UFC 1 is a slot machine in comparison... but man, I can definitely envision a chess board when I look at UFC 2. If the ground makes the sort of jump for UFC 3 that the last game did from the first, I'll be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by SMOKEZERO; 08-14-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 02:54 PM   #42
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Re: 3 Things EA Sports UFC 3 Could Learn From Fight Night Champion! (MartialMind vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You dont need to spoiler it. I think the GCs and GPD have been very clear that the mechanics for UFC 3 are different. We just havent gone into the details yet.
Yeah I know. But to what extend? And no, I won't find out until EA starts rolling out information for the rest of us.

Until then though, I will have to act as if none of the things I want, made it in, and hope that my, and the other posts from people on the forum, will make the difference.

Maybe it won't change a thing, and it would have been there regardless. But for now I'll have to approach the next game that way.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:07 PM   #43
Banned

Re: 3 Things EA Sports UFC 3 Could Learn From Fight Night Champion! (MartialMind vide

it's the exact same lineage; Fight Night isnt even an original game engine, Knockout Kings came from Victorious Boxers: Ippo's Road to Glory 나메]하지메의일보:더파이팅 한글자막 마모루편

Old 08-14-2017, 03:19 PM   #44
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by thqtank

it's the exact same lineage; Fight Night isnt even an original game engine, Knockout Kings came from Victorious Boxers: Ippo's Road to Glory 나메]하지메의일보:더파이팅 한글자막 마모루편

LOL! Knockout Kings first debuted in 1998. Victorious Boxers: Ippo's Road to Glory came out in 2000.

I have no idea how it a game that came out 2 yrs later from a different company is of the same lineage.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:33 PM   #45
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

10 characters.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 04:53 PM   #46
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

It was evident from the bell that this guy didn't know what he was doing. I want to be able to drop people like this in UFC 3.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:22 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
EA has only released 2 UFC games and has had the license for 5 yrs.
Do you know how much longer they have the license? I'm afraid this will be the last UFC game we get to be honest.

Last edited by smokeface; 08-14-2017 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:44 PM   #48
Pro

Fight night champion has always been an awesome game for me. I agree EA UFC 3 could definitely learn from it. Now EA UFC 2 does have some of the effects Fight Night Champion has, such as the fatigue look, fatigue movement, weaker/ slower strikes, a change in stance compared to full stamina. EA UFC 2 has those things it's just it doesn't seem like it because the stamina system isn't anything like what FNC had. FNC it doesn't take much to get permanently gassed on there, where as EA UFC 2 you could do alot of strikes and grappling before you get anywhere close to being permanently gassed.

The stamina tax is pretty weak on EA UFC 2. If it were adjusted it could become like FNC.
As for offline playability I also agree, game sliders would be awesome. But I remember the devs saying something about why they didn't let us get game sliders. I'm all for game sliders. If I could adjust speed, power, damage, Ref AI, CPU AI, etc etc I would be satisfied because I could adjust the game to my style of play.

IMO I feel there are other things they could take from FNC as well such as the online gym. Kind of like the online camps UFC Undisputed had. It would be a nice mode to have in EA UFC 3. Give us a MMA version of FNC's bare knuckle mode. Classic MMA Rules like early UFC days.

Fight Night Champion had some great training games which gave us situational tactics to help us out such as the stay on your feet training which helped your defense when rocked, or the finish the fight training where your opponent becomes rocked so you can practice on trying to get the KO or knockdown on a rocked opponent. Training games like that make sense.

Fight night champion actually allowed things such as one punch ko's and draws as well. I seen martial minds other video and it seemed like one shot ko's are possible now. But as for the ability to have a draw decision would be nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »