Home

I really hope we won't be able to see ANY opponent HUD in UFC 3

This is a discussion on I really hope we won't be able to see ANY opponent HUD in UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2017, 11:49 AM   #49
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I really hope we won't be able to see ANY opponent HUD in UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
Alright after some serious thought, I'll agree that you shouldn't see your opponents health and stamina.

You SHOULD be able to see your own though.

And Pappy, I did read that part just didn't want to acknowledge it because it'd never happen. We don't need more ways to divide a player base.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:04 PM   #50
Banned

Kasel's Arena

I'm glad you agree Kenetic, and I agree with you as well that we should see our own HUD, for sure
Old 08-20-2017, 05:25 PM   #51
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasel
I'm glad you agree Kenetic, and I agree with you as well that we should see our own HUD, for sure
yh it makes sense you can see your own hud, in real life you can gauge how much you have left in the tank and what parts of your body is hurting.

Last edited by Trillz; 08-20-2017 at 08:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2017, 07:51 PM   #52
Banned

Kasel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
yh it makes sense you can see your own hud in real life you can gauge how much you have left in the tank and what parts of your body is hurting.
Yes, it would all lead to realistic gameplay
Old 08-21-2017, 08:03 AM   #53
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

I have similar toughts as Martial https://youtu.be/4UZih9uXiZ8?t=3260
It's no more about maths and calcul(stamina for later rounds...) but just about fight and hurt opponent, very pleasant fealing, and when you have thousands fights, you can do without HUD, what we see to the screen is enough(when the fighter is hurt, gass out, arm totaly or partially red...)

I recomand you to test it and adopt it!
Old 08-21-2017, 12:20 PM   #54
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

Just blow that guard up

A small highlight of a few No Hud fights, hit constantly the guard may be an option especially when the opponent is hurt and Back to the cage, use too what the game offer, combo multiplier but in a moderate way
There is no more this feeling of stamina barrier which make you think about it, just here to finish the opponent without hesitation!

Hope combo will alyways be at the party in the next one. remember by toughts combo possibilities are better than UD series.

Unfortunatelly, this game suks very much for some dudes
Old 08-22-2017, 08:32 AM   #55
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

In my ideal scenario, ranked would default to having the opponent's stamina/health not show, but you'd be able to save a replay of the match and watch it back with their HUD turned on so that you could see what exactly was going on and learn from it.

I think I would adapt fine to a game with no opponent HUD (it was the standard for FNC and I put hundreds of hours into that game), but I think the lack of HUD would be jarring to new players and lengthen the learning curve in a potentially bad way, where they get smashed and have no idea what was going on.

For reference, in Starcraft 2 and other real-time strategy games, you can't see your opponent's economy or see what he's seeing throughout the match, but the game (and many other RTS games) allow you to save a replay and see their economy, see exactly what their vision was, etc.

I can understand Kenetic's POV about how essential seeing stamina is on the ground. I wouldn't like the game to become more guessy. But I wouldn't have much of a problem with the opponent's HUD being disabled in the standup.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2017, 01:03 PM   #56
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

I think not seeing your opponents HUD on the feet & on the ground would actually increase the skill ceiling, so I'm all for it.

New players would be frustrated but they would get use to it. Plus, Zombie, they would know why they got knocked out or hurt because they can see their OWN stamina / health.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »