Home

Can someone explain to me how Master League works?

This is a discussion on Can someone explain to me how Master League works? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Can someone explain to me how Master League works?

I've never tried this mode, and don't know anything about it. Is it like a franchise? What all are you expected to handle (contracts, training, transfers, etc.)? Sorry for my ignorance, I've really only played International League and am looking for something a little more in depth. Thanks.

BTW, I'm playing PES 2009.

BH

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20

Last edited by bh446066; 06-28-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Can someone explain to me how Master League works?

I'll ask some more specific questions I'm wondering about:

1) Can I use my edited roster (edit data) in Master League?
2) Do you choose from different leagues to play in (Ligue 1, for example), or can you customize a league?
3) Are there different levels that you can be promoted/demoted to? And, can you choose which level you want your team to begin on?
4) Can you sign your players to long term deals in season?
5) Are there in season/post season cups to compete for?

Again, I'm a complete noob to this mode, thanks for your patience with me

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 06-30-2010, 05:58 PM   #3
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
I'll ask some more specific questions I'm wondering about:

1) Can I use my edited roster (edit data) in Master League?
2) Do you choose from different leagues to play in (Ligue 1, for example), or can you customize a league?
3) Are there different levels that you can be promoted/demoted to? And, can you choose which level you want your team to begin on?
4) Can you sign your players to long term deals in season?
5) Are there in season/post season cups to compete for?

Again, I'm a complete noob to this mode, thanks for your patience with me
1. Yes you can use your edited rosters or you can use the default ML roster that you will have to build a team from. They are all very low rated and of various experience.
2. You choose what league you want to compete in and have to get promoted to said league.
3. See # 2 and no you cant choose what level you start. you have to start at the bottom.
4. You can try to but the negotiations take some getting used to, you cant always just throw money at guys and expect them to sign like other games. And you also have to be VERY careful how you spend money. If you go over budget, its game over......literally.
5. Depending on what league you pick i believe that there are, but not in the offseason, which is really just a two weak transfer period. There are other cups to compete for though. Some you have to be in the top league to compete for and you must finish in the top 5 of your league to qualify. UEFA champions cup and one other i cant think of right now.

All in all its a ton of fun for me and puts a different spin on the usual franchise mode. You have a hand in pretty much every aspect of your team minus silly things like beverage costs and parking fees. Definitely worth giving a shot. Also check out Gamingaccess.com and Pesedit.com for tons of patches, rosters all that good stuff. Enjoy
Old 07-01-2010, 10:59 AM   #4
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

above poster answered all your specific questions. first thing, go out and buy PES 2010. you should be able to find it used. there are significant upgrades to the master league for 2010.

my advice for 2010 is to just jump in... you definitely learn as you go and the game provides key tips at perfect points in the game. the help button explains all the icons.

one thing i wish i had known was better fund management. the number on the main page is NOT your real number. you need to go to expected earnings and manage to that! this set my milan campaign back 2 years.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
one thing i wish i had known was better fund management. the number on the main page is NOT your real number. you need to go to expected earnings and manage to that! this set my milan campaign back 2 years.
Thank you very much for that tidbit of information.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
Rookie

rockman2k2's Arena

OVR: 4

I bought this game yesterday and started up a Master League, but I'm confused on some aspects. I tried looking all over, in both the manual and in-game, but I couldn't figure out what the "green" and "blue" bars represent under the players name. I'm assuming the green is fatigue, but what does the blue bar represent. Also, I have placed 3 players for sale on the Transfer list, but I don't see a menu for all possible suitors. Is there a menu that shows me the interested teams, or does my scout notify me when an offer comes in? Lastly when I use "Scout Recommendations" it doesn't allow me to negotiate a contract even though it's still during the transfer window. If I search myself I'm able to select a player and start inform the team I'm interested. Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Sorry for all the questions, but this game is such a different beast than Fifa 10 in such a good and refreshing way. There is so much depth in this Manager Mode, that I just don't want to miss anything. Especially considering it's Game Over when you're in the red.

Thanks.

Last edited by rockman2k2; 07-02-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:51 AM   #7
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockman2k2
I bought this game yesterday and started up a Master League, but I'm confused on some aspects. I tried looking all over, in both the manual and in-game, but I couldn't figure out what the "green" and "blue" bars represent under the players name. I'm assuming the green is fatigue, but what does the blue bar represent. Also, I have placed 3 players for sale on the Transfer list, but I don't see a menu for all possible suitors. Is there a menu that shows me the interested teams, or does my scout notify me when an offer comes in? Lastly when I use "Scout Recommendations" it doesn't allow me to negotiate a contract even though it's still during the transfer window. If I search myself I'm able to select a player and start inform the team I'm interested. Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Sorry for all the questions, but this game is such a different beast than Fifa 10 in such a good and refreshing way. There is so much depth in this Manager Mode, that I just don't want to miss anything. Especially considering it's Game Over when you're in the red.

Thanks.
rockman - it is confusing no need to apologize. the green bar is fatigue. the blue bar is experience gained from playing.

transfers are trickier to pick up. first, your scout does all your negotiating, initially. if and when a deal is struck, he will come to you with the terms. you can then change the terms, but only once a real deal has been struck. the problem is you cannot pay gazillions to get your kaka to be your captain. what makes the negotiator successful? clearly its about the level and this costs money - boost your scout and it will help. however, i have the top level scout and i am the no.1 ranked team in the world and i still have about a .200 batting average getting that first one signed. i have been trying to sign ribery and robinho for years (ML years). so, when you do get an offer, if you want the player and its fairly reasonable price, just go for it.

as far as transfer listed players... go to you MY TEAM selection - same screen where you see expected earning and negotiatons. you will be able to see which teams are "watching" your player. you will also be able to see which teams have made contact (meaning tied up with negotiator about a contract). besides putting your player in transfer list, nothing you can do. have to wait for a bid!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »