Home

Tournaments

This is a discussion on Tournaments within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2015, 11:45 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 7
Tournaments

Hey guys, former long-time PES player that jumped over to FIFA once the old next-gens hit.

I'm getting tired of FIFA's same old, same old packaging of fluff and stuff that's already been in the game and am considering of jumping back on the PES bandwagon. I know from experience that the online is nowhere near as good, which would leave me having to playing offline.

That leaves me with a few questions for you who continue to play the game:

1) Is it still as enjoyable and unpredictable offline as it used to be in its glory days?

2) Are "Copa Americas" and "World Cups" still playable in the tournaments menu? Does that even exist?

Let me know when you get a chance, and thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2015, 10:21 AM   #2
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
Hey guys, former long-time PES player that jumped over to FIFA once the old next-gens hit.

I'm getting tired of FIFA's same old, same old packaging of fluff and stuff that's already been in the game and am considering of jumping back on the PES bandwagon. I know from experience that the online is nowhere near as good, which would leave me having to playing offline.

That leaves me with a few questions for you who continue to play the game:

1) Is it still as enjoyable and unpredictable offline as it used to be in its glory days?

2) Are "Copa Americas" and "World Cups" still playable in the tournaments menu? Does that even exist?

Let me know when you get a chance, and thank you!
1) play the demo, and see for yourself (keep in mind the demo is about 80% of the final game)

2) There is a "Cup" and "League" menu, cup being the national cups, which includes a Copa America like tournament (not fully licensed I think) and the konami cup or World Cup, can't remember how they call it, which is the world cup.
P.S. They also signed an exclusive deal with the UEFA Euro Cup, and I think it's going to be like the champion league mode, along with the Copa Sudamerica and Copa Libertadores, also like the champions league mode, so check it out.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:06 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
1) play the demo, and see for yourself (keep in mind the demo is about 80% of the final game)

2) There is a "Cup" and "League" menu, cup being the national cups, which includes a Copa America like tournament (not fully licensed I think) and the konami cup or World Cup, can't remember how they call it, which is the world cup.
P.S. They also signed an exclusive deal with the UEFA Euro Cup, and I think it's going to be like the champion league mode, along with the Copa Sudamerica and Copa Libertadores, also like the champions league mode, so check it out.
What international teams are in the game? Is it still the same ones from back in the day or has the field expanded?

Thanks.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:10 PM   #4
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
What international teams are in the game? Is it still the same ones from back in the day or has the field expanded?

Thanks.
I'm guessing the same ones, but it's a very wild guess, since we didn't get any information on national team...
Except brazil and france, who are playable in the demo, therefore they're more than likely in the full game
Old 08-19-2015, 01:32 PM   #5
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Here is the list for all the teams in PES 15 below. I can't imagine most of the National teams changing too much for PES 16. PES never really increases the amount of National teams every year, they always replace them with another team that may be higher in the world rankings.

http://www.pesfan.com/blog/2014/10/1...ent-team-list/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2015, 04:01 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Here is the list for all the teams in PES 15 below. I can't imagine most of the National teams changing too much for PES 16. PES never really increases the amount of National teams every year, they always replace them with another team that may be higher in the world rankings.

http://www.pesfan.com/blog/2014/10/1...ent-team-list/
Thanks for this. And dang, I remember you posting from way back in the days I was a more avid member around these parts. Time flies.

Why doesn't PES ever add more international teams, especially in North/Central America? I like that it already has a huge amount of international teams - more than FIFA I believe? - but how hard would it be to add Canada, Guatemala, Trinidad & Tobago, and El Salvador?
Old 08-19-2015, 04:31 PM   #7
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Thanks for this. And dang, I remember you posting from way back in the days I was a more avid member around these parts. Time flies.

Why doesn't PES ever add more international teams, especially in North/Central America? I like that it already has a huge amount of international teams - more than FIFA I believe? - but how hard would it be to add Canada, Guatemala, Trinidad & Tobago, and El Salvador?
Yeah I wish, I remember them have Canada and Peru back in PES 2009 but they just took them out and replaced them with other teams. I am not sure why they do this, it isn't like the teams are licensed and all of the players have fake names.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:07 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Yeah I wish, I remember them have Canada and Peru back in PES 2009 but they just took them out and replaced them with other teams. I am not sure why they do this, it isn't like the teams are licensed and all of the players have fake names.
Peru has always been in the game. Not sure who else you meant there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »