Home

PES 2016 Sim Settings

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Sim Settings within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-04-2015, 07:16 AM   #265
Rookie

spideurmane's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2016 Sim Settings

Hey Ron,

Your youtube is great but i have 3 questions for you:

1. Which difficulty do you play at?

2. You say having Conservative under Pressuring breaks the game and makes the AI wait and watch you passing the ball... and it's true!

For instance, Borussia MG in the game has their When out of possession gameplan set to All-Out Defense and Pressuring to Conservative... so I followed your advice and changed Conservative for Aggressive (leaving All-Out Defense on) but it didn't really make things better, any advice on that?

3. Do you use Fluid Formations or keep default? I kept Default on, maybe that's why changing from Conservative to Aggressive didn't change much...

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2015, 02:46 PM   #266
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideurmane
Hey Ron,

Your youtube is great but i have 3 questions for you:

1. Which difficulty do you play at?

2. You say having Conservative under Pressuring breaks the game and makes the AI wait and watch you passing the ball... and it's true!

For instance, Borussia MG in the game has their When out of possession gameplan set to All-Out Defense and Pressuring to Conservative... so I followed your advice and changed Conservative for Aggressive (leaving All-Out Defense on) but it didn't really make things better, any advice on that?

3. Do you use Fluid Formations or keep default? I kept Default on, maybe that's why changing from Conservative to Aggressive didn't change much...

Thanks!
Appreciate the feedback m8.
1. Top Player.

2/3. Yes in the video I point out you need fluid formations on. You also need to go to their settings and change substitutions to flexible, put "Switch preset tactics" & "auto change tactics" on.

As for the Front line/All Out Defense and Aggressive debate. In my ML with Eredivisie side Twente I played weaker side PEC Zwolle last night. Who I had with this set up, that I formed from using WhoScored.
2015-11-04_00015.jpg
I know it says AZ thats because I'm about to play them.

So what I would advise doing for teams who like to play in their own half.

for Offense put them to Front Line pressure. For defense put them to All-Out Defense.

For Offense put their defensive line to the third click like shown above, for defense put it to the first click which would be 2 to the left.

I'm putting ALL teams to MAXIMUM compactness. MAX compact for offense & defense. Teams defensively play tight, not loose, so might as well put it max for the best, most challenging experience.

This part is KEY and it can also completely break the game: Containment area, Middle or Wide? NEVER put it wide. NEVER. If you want to crush the CPU, abuse the AI, put it wide. No team in the world sacrifices the middle of their defense to cover the width. It makes zero sense and you will crush the CPU with it set to wide. Playing wide offensively & sacrificing the middle of your defense are two totally different things.

From my experience, the defense for you and the CPU keeps the ball in front better on Middle, put it wide and you will get behind or get beat behind constantly.

Maybe I will make an update to the youtube video.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:53 PM   #267
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

& When I played PEC Zwolle with the settings I described above, it was a fantastic game.

2-1, I scored in the 87th minute to win. It was VERY tough to break them down. They were compact and solid in the back.

Also I am playing Manual shooting & passing. Only time I use through ball button is when I use the LB/L1 modifier to lob it, other then that I use my default ground pass button for through balls.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:25 PM   #268
Just started!

Hi guys i,ve actually been using Yairs Gameplay patches for the last couple of weeks and find his core gameplay code changes to make ai so much better, also he has fixed alot of goalkeeper problems this is all from the actual game code inside so not sure how he does it just know he is good at it, what ever software he is using i,m impressed with complete overhaul of ai playing and build up, i think he mentioned his next gameplay code changes would be for referee decisions that ppl are moaning about.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:02 PM   #269
Rookie

Doubt yair could change the referees. the problem I have with yair's gameplay is that it often breaks the animations. I think in game editing suits me more. But hell man, I don't have much time editing, it takes ages. too bad there is no global editor tool yet
Old 11-05-2015, 07:33 PM   #270
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
Appreciate the feedback m8.

For Offense put their defensive line to the third click like shown above, for defense put it to the first click which would be 2 to the left.

For the most part I've had great matches playing against and with similar tactics as you describe. The major difference is the line. Seeing as I usually play games between top Serie A sides, playing the defensive line maxed out along with an aggressive, all-out defense, with middle contain will make both teams very compact between the lines. The forward line drops back while the defensive line isn't positioned too close to goal. To add to this, one can instruct the CF to man mark the center most CDM.

I will usually only employ a deep line as the defensive settings when playing as or against a small side. In this case, the conservative pressure makes a lot of sense as many teams will gladly want to watch the favored, big side, possess the ball aimlessly in order to maintain a tie. Only when going down will I change the setting for the CPU to aggressive pressure. In these matches, it's up to the big side to attack as none would ever willingly just pass aimlessly for 90 minutes.

Last edited by spartansocc12; 11-05-2015 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:45 PM   #271
Rookie

spideurmane's Arena

Awesome tips there Ron!

I applied all you've said and the match was SO different, as in better, the match ended up in a very close and tense 0-0 (which is quite rare in PES). Gonna have a look at other teams now and replacing wide with middle where needed.

Another question though, what if you want to make a team style of play to Control the game in the opposition's half BUT at the same time being NON-aggressive? For instance, that's the style of play for CSKA Moscow on whoscored...

Cheers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2015, 07:52 PM   #272
Rookie

spideurmane's Arena

Hey Spartansocc12,

So you mean that when you play as a big team vs a small team which has conservative pressure, you just have to 'create' the opportunities because the opposing weaker side won't take the initiative to attack?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »