Home

Is Pass Assist too strong this year?

This is a discussion on Is Pass Assist too strong this year? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-02-2015, 06:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Is Pass Assist too strong this year?

Has anyone else noticed that Pass Assist Level 1 is much, much easier this year? I've already switched to Pass Assist Off (Manual Passing) even though I'm really not quite good enough for it yet, because pass assist Level 1 was just too perfect even for me--I could make 20,30 or even more near perfect consecutive passes. Including passes that should be quite difficult.

I'd have thought that Pass Assist 1, as the lowest setting with "mild" assistance shouldn't be that easy, and that perfect. Because when I switch to manual, I can see my passing for what it is, and that's not great--I definitely need major practice. Yet at the minimum level of assistance, all my players become Iniesta-like. I know they changed the number of levels of passing assist, so maybe that's where they made it too easy (I can't imagine what the higher assist levels could be like--though they can't be any easier!)

Anyone else finding this to be true. Do you think there's a chance Konami knows of this and would correct it in the end of October patch? The game is otherwise really good, but if I can't find the right level for playing a realistic offense--one that is neither too easy or too hard to complete passes--it will make the game rather disappointing to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 07:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is Pass Assist too strong this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT
Has anyone else noticed that Pass Assist Level 1 is much, much easier this year? I've already switched to Pass Assist Off (Manual Passing) even though I'm really not quite good enough for it yet, because pass assist Level 1 was just too perfect even for me--I could make 20,30 or even more near perfect consecutive passes. Including passes that should be quite difficult.

I'd have thought that Pass Assist 1, as the lowest setting with "mild" assistance shouldn't be that easy, and that perfect. Because when I switch to manual, I can see my passing for what it is, and that's not great--I definitely need major practice. Yet at the minimum level of assistance, all my players become Iniesta-like. I know they changed the number of levels of passing assist, so maybe that's where they made it too easy (I can't imagine what the higher assist levels could be like--though they can't be any easier!)

Anyone else finding this to be true. Do you think there's a chance Konami knows of this and would correct it in the end of October patch? The game is otherwise really good, but if I can't find the right level for playing a realistic offense--one that is neither too easy or too hard to complete passes--it will make the game rather disappointing to me.
Totally agree!!

I've found this years pass assist to be way too strong and aside from the accuracy, I sometimes end up passing to players that I wasn't even aiming for with pin point accuracy!!

Like you I have gone to manual passing but to compensate for how bad my passing actually is, I have also gone down a difficulty level.

Hopefully once I improve my manual passing I will be able to bump up the level again.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:17 PM   #3
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
Totally agree!!

I've found this years pass assist to be way too strong and aside from the accuracy, I sometimes end up passing to players that I wasn't even aiming for with pin point accuracy!!

Like you I have gone to manual passing but to compensate for how bad my passing actually is, I have also gone down a difficulty level.

Hopefully once I improve my manual passing I will be able to bump up the level again.
The two things in bold are points of emphasis. Whenever you play assisted passing, fifa or pes, you are going to pass where you didn't want to, thats what assist does, you input a certain degree of power and direction, and from there, the game does what it wants with it. So say there is a guy 10 steps away from the guy you intended the ball to go to, the CPU has no idea of who you wanted to go to, so it can be random. Thats why I never use it, its rubbish.

& yes, you will get better at manual passing, and when you do, you will love it and never want to go back to assisted. Manual allows for much more beautiful passing with more variation. Good luck m8.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:03 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Definitely agree but the problem with manual is that a bit of player personality is lost. Of course you could say the same about assisted (even level 1) this year when every player can pass the ball with ease.

I miss player individuality from the previous PES games when it comes to passing. I hope this will be adjusted in the gameplay patch in the end of this month.

I want to find the need to give the ball to my playmaker to set up plays.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:17 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahre
Definitely agree but the problem with manual is that a bit of player personality is lost. Of course you could say the same about assisted (even level 1) this year when every player can pass the ball with ease.

I miss player individuality from the previous PES games when it comes to passing. I hope this will be adjusted in the gameplay patch in the end of this month.

I want to find the need to give the ball to my playmaker to set up plays.
Absolutely not! Manual is still influenced by stats. I have been playing manual for a long time. You can easily feel more control passing with Pirlo for example or playing with Barca. That goes for shooting power and precision as well. In fact I feel that individuality can be felt more on manual. The main difference with manual is that you have more input on the direction of your shot or pass. I would encourage everyone to stick to full manual. It 's how the game should be played IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 12:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkhalil
Absolutely not! Manual is still influenced by stats. I have been playing manual for a long time. You can easily feel more control passing with Pirlo for example or playing with Barca. That goes for shooting power and precision as well. In fact I feel that individuality can be felt more on manual. The main difference with manual is that you have more input on the direction of your shot or pass. I would encourage everyone to stick to full manual. It 's how the game should be played IMO
Perhaps it's the way the game should be played, but it is still odd that 1bar passing was much better last year in terms of freedom, individuality, and control. It's usable, but you really need to up the difficulty and make sure the tactics are solid for the team you are playing against.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:43 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkhalil
Wait. Is this true??--you're saying the players passing ratings are still used for manual passing? So in other words it's not entirely "Manual" in that the player ratings still have influence on your pass? How does that work, is there still some small degree of pass assist being used based on the player ratings or what? If so, that's what I was hoping for in terms of this being more of a simulation--where my input matters--but more so the player passing rating I'm using.

I haven't found the "perfect" pass assist setting I like yet. It's either too easy or too difficult. I haven't played enough to be good enough on manual yet, but will keep trying. But I am interested to know about what I asked above--if it's not 100% manual but still player passing rating influenced. But I think that's what Level 1 pass assist should have been.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »