Home

PES 2016 Sim Settings

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Sim Settings within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2015, 09:56 AM   #1
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

OVR: 0
PES 2016 Sim Settings

I am creating this thread for all of you sim lovers out there. So imagine the FIFA sliders thread but for PES. Since there are no sliders this is where we can discuss game speed, tactics, fluid formations, difficulty, etc. and try to get the best sim game we can! Post videos, pics of your settings, etc!

UPDATE!

These are the best settings I can have tested for sim gameplay. The edits do take time and I would not do all the teams until after the patch but the difference it makes is huge. They are a nice happy medium between taking 4 days to edit and not doing any at all. I could edit a team in about 10-15 minutes once I got used to what I was doing. RonMexico has a video on what he does then I will share what I do too. I have had amazing games with this setting.

I am converted! So I spent a couple hours tonight and edited 8 premier league teams to just play a little tournament with (I even went and did the majority of the transfer for each team - took forever). After that went into game plan for each team and set offensive and defensive using your tips and of course whoscored website. Made sure to make the defense compact and not press up to high and then just set it up however each team plays. Then I went in to each team and upped the keepers to 99 defensive prowess (matt found this out and it works freaking wonders!) then went to the center backs and defensive mid mainly and made them the destroyer (and some full backs if it applied, really whoever just has a decent physical and defense presence), then added malicia too most forwards and mids with speed and dribbling (left off for big strong guys like giroud), also for defensive minded wings and mids i would add track back (guys like rooney, bolasie - high energy guys or if a team has high wings i gave it to them to make sure they track back on d). That is it. Played a little tournament as crystal palace and it is the best this game has played. It was so fun and hard and realistic. The cb no longer drop back and let you enter the box, and it is very hard to dribble through middle of field with defensive mid(s) with destroyer just jumping on you all over. Also because of malicia I am seeing much more fouls, last game was 4-3 (not amazing but pretty good for a 20 min game). I played -1, top player, manual shot and pass, and got killed but it was fun, switched to professional on last game and still got destroyed (might have to go back to normal) but man it felt so good, can still deflect passes in midfield with good position but they can still put good passing together. Then so hard to break down their d but satisfying when you do and just the amount of different stuff that can happen in a game. This has saved this game for me. It is a whole different experience and must be played this way. Takes awhile to edit but really fixes the atrocious defensive AI (still not perfect but much better). I was so pissed at this game but now wow, so much better. Check out this video! (sorry for long pauses in the middle just skip through, was skyping my friend.

I have been watching FIFA 16 slider testing and honestly i think this destroys it right now (not the slider guys fault they are incredible just an unwieldy game). The AI passing and build up looks and feels so much better, you can actually intercept passes if you position right and good teams feel so much different then playing bad teams. Let me know what you think and give it try (use RonMexico video for help on what to do).

Last edited by dmendenhall_9; 09-26-2015 at 09:44 AM. Reason: update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 10:01 AM   #2
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Re: PES 2016 Sim Settings

This is one of my first videos and am really liking what I am getting out of the game. I accidentally did't record the whole game so you won't get to see my fluid formation or tactics. I am testing out playing on superstar with pass level 1. I just am not getting high enough pass percentage for myself on manual for it to be realistic. Game speed is -1. First half i played as Man City then switched to Crystal Palace at half to show how the different teams played with different tactics. I am using whoscored.com to help set my tactics up for each team. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:22 AM   #3
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

I asked this in the impression thread before seeing this thread but I think this is a better place to ask.

If I edit teams tactics in the main menu and save it. Then start a new season (ML) would those tactics stay put?

If I edit Man city and start my Tottenham career, will Man City play with the formations/tactics I set or default to the ones the game has?
Old 09-17-2015, 11:23 AM   #4
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Whoscored.com is an amazing site very key in getting accurate team tendencies and such.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:30 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlducks
I asked this in the impression thread before seeing this thread but I think this is a better place to ask.

If I edit teams tactics in the main menu and save it. Then start a new season (ML) would those tactics stay put?

If I edit Man city and start my Tottenham career, will Man City play with the formations/tactics I set or default to the ones the game has?

i would like to know this as well...

also, i understand the sim aspect and i play footy the way its meant to be played. Even in the game. Although i am real madrid, I shouldn't be dominating teams completely...that i haven't got a goal against in like 7 games now in master league..wtf!

the cpu should be changing its style and attacking different ways or trying to press me high or something, but i am not seeing this yet. Cpu gets maybe 2 shots on net in superstar level...

also its way too easy to tackle..
and the goalies seem to be rooted to the line, they don't challenge much..

i am seriously thinking about dropping this game if i can't find any solution to it, kind of getting boring...(I am also playing on manual shooting, level 1 passing, and assisted through balls..but i rarely use through balls)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 11:48 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by max77p
i would like to know this as well...

also, i understand the sim aspect and i play footy the way its meant to be played. Even in the game. Although i am real madrid, I shouldn't be dominating teams completely...that i haven't got a goal against in like 7 games now in master league..wtf!

the cpu should be changing its style and attacking different ways or trying to press me high or something, but i am not seeing this yet. Cpu gets maybe 2 shots on net in superstar level...

also its way too easy to tackle..
and the goalies seem to be rooted to the line, they don't challenge much..

i am seriously thinking about dropping this game if i can't find any solution to it, kind of getting boring...(I am also playing on manual shooting, level 1 passing, and assisted through balls..but i rarely use through balls)
They will stick to the ML (last year they did and previous years too, so im sure this year is the same).

About the passing level, there is almost no difference between levels (1,2,3...) the only noticeable difference is with PA set to 0, keep this in mind.

Also, although you donīt use through pass much, when you do, itīs to easy on assisted, change that as well.

Also, Real Madrid is probably the strongest team in the game, and if you play in the spanish league with pass assit at 1 and assisted through ball you wonīt get much of a challenge in the beginning, but when your team starts to get tired...
Old 09-17-2015, 11:58 AM   #7
Rookie

what do you mean when they start getting tired...like as the season progresses?

also should i do these tweaks in main menu before starting master league? like set the fluid formation on for all teams? and any other things? does that make the game lot better?
Old 09-17-2015, 12:39 PM   #8
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by max77p
what do you mean when they start getting tired...like as the season progresses?

also should i do these tweaks in main menu before starting master league? like set the fluid formation on for all teams? and any other things? does that make the game lot better?
He means in the game they will get tired from running back and forth so much. I am a premier league fan so my plan is to edit all the tactics and formations for the premier league and play a ML with that. I am going to stream eventually and kind of go through what I do with fluid formations and tactics and why. Maybe this weekend. The depth is amazing.

Here is some testing I was doing today on twitch.

http://www.twitch.tv/dmendenhall_9/v/16459361

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »