Home

PES 2017 impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2017 impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-18-2016, 09:01 AM   #281
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PES 2017 impressions

Not sure why "Switch Preset Tactics" is off by default for the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 09:08 AM   #282
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleTex82
I mean, how many hours did you spend on Fifa 16's sliders? I dont think sinking an hour, if that, digging into these changes is such a tall task...
Lol, you're right. I just did not want to have to sink that much time into PES. On the ball, it's great, but it's just frustrating that this is what has to be done. I know I can't act like I did not expect it, but it's just frustrating it wasn't a priority. It's okay though, I can get over it and dedicate a full Sunday to getting this done.

Going to wait until a complete OF is done though. For now I'll explore other things in the tactics.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:12 AM   #283
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Oh, yeah, I definitely watched it, man. Loved the video. Watched it several times and it works great.

Do I want to do this to every team in the edit file? It doesn't take just 10 mins for a league, it'll take an hour or so I feel like.

I'm not necessarily giving up on PES, I am just frustrated with it. A game that has the best ball physics I've ever seen, only to be let down by the most basic of fundamentals in positioning and human common sense attitude, is just a let down.

I'm obviously going to give it my best go, and if it comes down to spending a couple hours to match what I want, then that's what it'll have to be.
I'm having some varied results game by game in my ML with how teams play me, and build up their attacks.

Having said that, I think when you're looking for 'basic human common sense' from a video game, you've lost. You'll never replicate human thinking in terms of how football is played in any video, at least until they all start downloading our brains and putting them into video games.

I know you're the slider guru for Fifa, and you spend a ton of time tinkering with games to get them to play as close to real life as possible, but sometimes it's best to just sit back and play the game and enjoy it for what it is.

PES is amazing this year. Like you said, best ball physics for sure, players are playing as close to their real life counterparts as I can tell in ages, and my ML seems to be different each game.

Don't get frustrated. This game is amazing, and should be enjoyed.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:46 AM   #284
Rookie

OVR: 0

I love this game. It was such a shame when I went to Gamestop to pick up my copy, I was the only one that preorderd it as I wanted to make sure I got a copy since I know the last time they didn't carry many copies and had to go somewhere else.

The game play is where this shines. Ball physics as others have stated are top notch and when you add in player ID and team ID, you can see it on the field. Playing against Barcelona, they'll play quick short passes and tear your defense apart, while I see teams like Juventus playing that long ball from the defense. Player ratings really matter, and you cannot just focus on speed alone and expect to go around everyone.

Keepers are a huuuuuuge improvement. Boy is it a joy to see keepers playing like how they should be. I'm using A.C. Milan in ML and Donnarumma keeps progressing nicely. He's become an absolute rock between the posts as his ratings have gone up. No more slow motion animations from the keepers, those are gone

Speaking of Master League, I am trying to rebuild A.C. Milan to the glory days, having scouted a bunch of young talented developing players from around the world. Prior to adding some of these young players, we weren't doing too bad, but then I noticed when I got rid of my vets and started these younger developing players, the chemistry was not there. The talent was there, but they just weren't gelled as a team. There is something called team spirit and it was lower then before. As the players keep playing for you, will become comfortable with how you want them to play and they will start to play as a team as time goes on. Nice touch there.

To me as a big football fan and coach, this is the best football game I have played.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:12 AM   #285
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchDad
I'm having some varied results game by game in my ML with how teams play me, and build up their attacks.

Having said that, I think when you're looking for 'basic human common sense' from a video game, you've lost. You'll never replicate human thinking in terms of how football is played in any video, at least until they all start downloading our brains and putting them into video games.

I know you're the slider guru for Fifa, and you spend a ton of time tinkering with games to get them to play as close to real life as possible, but sometimes it's best to just sit back and play the game and enjoy it for what it is.

PES is amazing this year. Like you said, best ball physics for sure, players are playing as close to their real life counterparts as I can tell in ages, and my ML seems to be different each game.

Don't get frustrated. This game is amazing, and should be enjoyed.
I understand I can't get all the common sense down, but the most basic of positioning and see the ball get the ball, that should not be hard...especially because they've been successful before. I've said it before, when tactics override any of that, you've lost. KONAMI did that, and I knew they would. This is why people defend the tactics to their grave, illustrating how "Pep does this" or "Arsene does this", I mean I get it - I'm a lover of football and aspiring coach as well, but it's the implementation of the most basic of fundamentals that is being lost here.

It's okay though. Like I said, I knew what I was getting into when I decided to look at PES 17. Just like FIFA, have to get the basics down, yet again. The fundamentals of positioning and "see the ball, get the ball" should be all there is to make this PES 17 fantastic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 10:51 AM   #286
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

I went into training with wolfsburg v augsburg.

I went 11 against their 5 + keeper.

Something I noticed looking for a way to shield/protect...

When I was dribbling around with L stick and held LB the cpu looked and acted just a bit more hesitant to get stuck in.

It's not like oh this works 100% of the time just squeeze LB and walk into the goal.

No, it's very subtle. It's more like they sense the threat of a 1-2 pass coming so they zone more than come right at you.

Nothing in the control menu says LB does anything when dribbling but I swear it takes the cpu aggression down a touch.

I need to try it in a full match.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:25 PM   #287
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Okay, I've had my

Might've figured something out.

1. 5 Second Change
2. Support Settings
√Auto ATT/DEF: ON
√Auto SUB: Flexible
3. Preset Tactics
√Attacking Instructions
▐ Positioning: Flexible
√Defensive Instructions
▐ Defensive Styles: Frontline Pressure
▐ Defensive Pressure: Aggressive
Played on Professional difficulty, it seems to be the most balanced.

Match Stats
Spoiler

Last edited by Matt10; 09-18-2016 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:29 PM   #288
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Okay, I've had my

Might've figured something out.

1. 5 Second Change
2. Support Settings
√Auto ATT/DEF: ON
√Auto SUB: Flexible
3. Preset Tactics
√Attacking Instructions
▐ Positioning: Flexible
√Defensive Instructions
▐ Defensive Styles: Frontline Pressure
Played on Professional difficulty, it seems to be the most balanced.

Match Stats
Spoiler
Ahhhh I want to watch but the 144p is killing me, haha. Hurry up, YouTube!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »