Home

Cord cutting

This is a discussion on Cord cutting within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-02-2020, 01:23 AM   #617
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Cord cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
The price is going up to 65 now? I thought it was 50? 15 increase? Darn I have Comcast and I was really thinking about going to YouTube tv as I did a trail for it a long time ago and it works well and my Comcast bill as really been going up. Like 6 months ago my cable/internet bill was like 140 now its like 189 and my phone bill as also went up like 12. I have not even really been watching tv the last 4 months with no sports. Sports are really the only reason I even still have cable. The last 4 months with no sports I have just been watching a lot of disney+/hulu and playing a lot of video games.
I don't have it but I'd never get it at that price

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2020, 01:46 AM   #618

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I think a lot of these TV/cable replacement streaming services went into this thinking they'd grow a huge install base with low prices (compared to actual cable) and then eventually work the prices up to actually make money, but they are realizing how much of a dead end that is.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:36 AM   #619
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I think a lot of these TV/cable replacement streaming services went into this thinking they'd grow a huge install base with low prices (compared to actual cable) and then eventually work the prices up to actually make money, but they are realizing how much of a dead end that is.
Yeah it sucks. I have YouTube TV with CenturyLink internet. I'm going to look into CenturyLink's deal with DirecTV now and see what their prices look like.

Watch me play video games
Old 07-02-2020, 02:58 AM   #620
All Star

OVR: 0

Yeah internet is not cheap either and so if you are paying for internet and then the price to stream stuff it may not be cheaper then just getting internet and cable. Right now I think Comcast cost about 95 by its self for the internet I have. If YouTube tv is 65. That would mean 160 for YouTube tv and internet and that would still be about 20 more than I was paying like 6 months ago for Comcast internet and cable. I understand that things get more expensive inflation after all but YouTube tv I think went up from like 45 to 50 just like a year ago or something. So if its 65 that is a 15 increase after just having a small 5 increase like a year ago. When YouTube tv started about 3 years ago it was 35 so it has almost doubled in those 3 years.

Last edited by Smallville102001; 07-02-2020 at 03:02 AM.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:56 AM   #621
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Cord cutting

For me internet is $175 a month and cable is ridiculously expensive here which is why I use Hulu live tv. I don’t think it’s possible for Hulu to be more expensive than GCI who is my cable option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2020, 08:08 AM   #622
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

OVR: 0

Currently on a Spectrum 2 year deal for internet. Expires end of December paying $55 monthly. Probably going up to $80-$90.

Had YT TV at $40 now $55 going to $65 Mid August. Only difference in my area between Hulu and YT TV is AMC Paramount and MLB. Hulu is currently $55 in my area might just go with that. $65 to stream is nuts the only benefit over cable is the ability to watch in any room with an electrical outlet. No need to be tethered to a cable box. I guess with the apps available that might no longer be the case though?
Old 07-02-2020, 08:18 AM   #623
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
For me internet is $175 a month and cable is ridiculously expensive here which is why I use Hulu live tv. I don’t think it’s possible for Hulu to be more expensive than GCI who is my cable option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Oh good heavens, that price is ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:49 AM   #624
MVP

OVR: 14

Suxs that youtubetv price going up, good thing about streaming it easy to switch to a different service. Probably try hulu next. At least the internet prices seems to be coming down in my area. Went from 80 down to 50 bux for 1gig fiber.
Vic: Well, in one, one girl wins. In the other....
Kenny: Everyone wins?!?!

Captain Tenneal: Get it on!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »