Home

Gunner Wilson - Road to Glory (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Gunner Wilson - Road to Glory (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
Rookie

dubvcrazy's Arena

OVR: 6
Gunner Wilson - Road to Glory (NCAA 14)

Gunner Wilson - QB/DE
Lusk High School - Lusk, Wyoming
6-1

"Coach, can I talk to you real quick?" I said as I knocked on the door of the short, middle aged mans office.

"Sure, Wilson. Come on in!" he replied as he looked up from his playbook at me.

Today was the first day of two-a-days here on the high plains of Lusk, Wyoming and I was looking to make an impact this season.

"What's on your mind kiddo?" he proceeded to ask me as I stepped into his office.

"Coach, I'd like to ask you for the opportunity to change positions this year.."

"Well, what to?" he asked with a puzzled look on his face, "You've played tight end for me for 3 years."

"Quarterback, coach." I paused, "With Colton graduated all we have going out for the spot is two sophomores. I played QB in middle school. I think I can do it coach."

"Well you did take some snaps for us last year to run in short yardage. And you do seem to have a great understanding of the offense, as a senior should." he stopped to think some more and then said, "Tell ya what. I'll let you work with the QB's this week and we'll see what you can do. Sound good?"

"Yes sir!" I exclaimed, not knowing what to say.

"Good, now go in there, get dressed. We've got work to do!"

--To be continued. Hope you guys like this. Been a while since I've done a Road to Glory. Wish me luck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
Rookie

dubvcrazy's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Gunner Wilson - Road to Glory (NCAA 14)

"Alright, Gunner. Get in here, run some plays!" Coach Garrett, our offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach yelled to me. I jogged over to the offense, putting my helmet on to go with my jersey and shorts.

As I looked to the sideline Coach yelled in the play, as I still need to learn the signals, and then did the signal for it. Gun Left Twins 20. A zone read play.

"Ready....set......" I barked out and then clapped my hands for the snap from Chris Hinkleberg. As I got the snap I immediately looked to my left to read the end as I came to a mesh with Zach Yost, our back. The end bit down on the fake and I cut it upfield for about 12 yards.

"Good play! Tempo tempo!" Coach Garrett said, "Gun Right Twins 40 Rita" and then went on to do the signal.

Gun Right Twins 40 Rita, I thought to myself. Ahh..a screen pass to the right.

I barked out the cadence and clapped to get the snap and then took a quick step back looking to my right. I saw Zane Yost, Zach's little brother coming over the middle with blocks setting up and threw it to him. Zane cut up field and followed his blocks to gain about 8 yards.

The rest of practice went well and I'm positive I can do this quarterback thing. As I was walking back to the locker room with the other guys Coach Garrett pulled me aside.

"Gunner man, you did great today." He congratulated me.

"Really? You think so coach?" I asked for reassurance.

"You bet. A whole lot better than the other two guys we have. You keep up the good work. We need seniority at this position."

"That's what I'm here for coach. I can't wait for film tomorrow. I want to learn more than what I already knew. It's different blocking and running routes in the offense than directing it, ya know?" I replied to him as we were walking together.

"Oh for sure. You're really a good QB for our system. I like your mobility and power. Need to see you throw some more downfield though."

"I probably need to work on my accuracy a bit," I told him, "It's been a while. And in middle school we ran the Wing T so, not much passing going on." I joked.

"You just keep doing you and it will work out. Have a good day Gunner." He told me as he patted my back and jogged in front of me to the coaches office.

--To be continued

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »