Home

#SWARM: A Westlake State Dynasty

This is a discussion on #SWARM: A Westlake State Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2017, 03:04 PM   #121
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #SWARM: A Westlake State Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
good win against Buffalo, tough game against Miami but it's expected. It's hard to pull off anything against power 5 teams like that.
Those P5 games are always blowouts for us. Preciate you checking in bro.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2017, 12:43 PM   #122
MVP

young22's Arena

Westlake State Football Staff Communications

To: Head Coach Davonnie Banks

Cc: Recruiting

Hey Coach, I know we just got blown out, so I've got my last recruiting update for the season. We've just about finalized our board. We've got a couple good prospects on the D-line, and I found a QB who will change our program if we can land him.

The 2 linemen are both from Florida. One's a 2 star JUCO junior, played at NW Florida CC last year with Hollis, that's how I found out about him. His name is Michael Ransom, he plays DT. Tall and long, at 6'5 262, doesn't have that compact build you like, but he's good. Good strength, can rush the passer well, and is solid against the run.

The other guy is Eric Clemens, an end out of Davie. Another well rounded guy. He can do a bit of everything. He's flown under the radar because at 6'3, 232, he doesn't have the speed that top programs are gonna want from their edge rushers. He can't track down really fast guys.

Both of these guys will be able to start from day 1.

Now let's get to 4 star QB Joey Williams. I highly doubt we'll get this guy. But he's the best pure athlete I've seen at the QB position since Cam Newton. He's from Toledo, and I first saw him play against Westlake Prep when I was watching the Karat boys. 6'5, 246, and he doesn't turn 18 until next
August. Get him on S&C, and he might be 265 of pure muscle when he graduates. (or goes to the league)

This guy is really only a 4 star, he just started playing QB this year. Played wideout, tailback, and safety his first 3 years. Stupid fast for his height and size. Runs a 4.46. When he gets going, there is no stopping him. He has running back instincts. He runs mean, will lower his shoulder, and has some moves too. Strong, decent vision, and he'll take a hit. His accuracy is pretty solid.

Now there are some cons. Like I said, running back instincts. He's too quick to run. He's new to the position, and clearly struggles with making more than 1 or 2 reads per play. Also, for a guy who's 6'5, 246, he has nowhere near the arm strength you'd expect. It was really underwhelming, I thought he'd have a crazy arm. He also looks to be fumble prone. I've seen him play twice, and he's lost it 4 times in those 2 games.

But, the pros far outweigh the cons. We really need this type of guy to run your style of offense. I highly doubt we'll get him. Ohio State, Nebraska, and Oklahoma are his top 3 right now.

Note: Joey Williams is a prime example of a guy who's ratings I edit. A guy who's 6'5, 246 should not have 51 strength, 51 stiff arm, 58 trucking. His elusiveness is really high, so no reason to have 45 spin and 54 juke. Probably not getting this guy, I'll edit him regardless of where he goes. I'm gonna make a big push for him in the offseason, maybe go all in. He's like 40% locked right now.

Now I'm gonna give you a look at some up and coming recruits.

2015 Prospects

T Uriah Thomas: 6'6, 296, out of Akron, OH. Good pass blocker, long and decently quick. Not the strongest, not great run blocker.

T Darius Marshall: 6'8, 330, out of Cleveland Heights, OH. He's really good. I don't think we have much of a shot at him. Super strong, amazing run blocker. Quick for such a big guy. Ohio State and Cincy really like him.

HB Tony Bradford: 6'1, 190, out of Chicago, IL. Saw him at a tournament. Great top end speed, has some power. Agility and moves are lacking, can't catch.

2016 Prospects

Rashaun Jamison: 6'2, 205, out of Key West, FL. Beast press corner. And he's BUILT. Legit 205, and he's a junior right now. He's not fast, but he can stick with a guy. Really agile. Can hit too, will probably move to safety.

2017 Prospects

CB Deion Karat: 6'3, 182, out of Westlake. Like I've said before, he's incredible. Great cover corner. No one knows about him yet. He's only a sophomore, and he's locking up guys that are going to major P5 schools. Still cocky as hell, still kind of an idiot, maybe he'll mature. But he can really play. He's a lock for the NFL if he gets his mind right.

DT RJ McKinley: 6'4, 305, out of Winnipeg, CN. This guy is massive, and he could still grow. Great run stuffer, absolutely manhandled guys 2-3 years older than him. He's transferring to IMG Academy in Florida next year. He'll play college ball wherever he wants.

SWARM COMMITS (through week 10)

Verbal

2* T Matt Marshall

1* JUCO JR CB Ray Ashley

3* CB Michael Freeman

Signed

3* ATH Matt Schneider

2* TE Kenny Jackson

2* DE Tyrone Bush

2* MLB Zac Clark

1* JUCO JR DT Chris Miller

1* K Lance Moore

1* P Chad Crum

Last edited by young22; 08-22-2017 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:41 AM   #123
MVP

young22's Arena

Real quick, how much interest is there for this dynasty? I might just do less frequent recaps, like recap 6 games twice a year, everything from around the nation, and then do offseason. I'm in the gym so much, and I'm going back to school soon, might transfer and play football so that's another commitment. I love playing this dynasty, and I like reporting, but I just don't have a lot of time.

If a lot of people are following, and want weekly updates, I'll continue doing what I'm doing now, and expand on it, but it'll move slow, and I don't know if I wanna move slow.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:15 PM   #124
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
Real quick, how much interest is there for this dynasty? I might just do less frequent recaps, like recap 6 games twice a year, everything from around the nation, and then do offseason. I'm in the gym so much, and I'm going back to school soon, might transfer and play football so that's another commitment. I love playing this dynasty, and I like reporting, but I just don't have a lot of time.

If a lot of people are following, and want weekly updates, I'll continue doing what I'm doing now, and expand on it, but it'll move slow, and I don't know if I wanna move slow.

I'm not super picky about how updates come in. You need to do what works best for you, otherwise it feels like a burden and you'll give up on it. Do whatever you're comfortable with, and readers will come. I know its tough when you have a tight schedule, the last thing you want is a game and article taking you a combined 3 hours.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-24-2017, 09:19 PM   #125
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I'm not super picky about how updates come in. You need to do what works best for you, otherwise it feels like a burden and you'll give up on it. Do whatever you're comfortable with, and readers will come. I know its tough when you have a tight schedule, the last thing you want is a game and article taking you a combined 3 hours.
I'm trying to figure it out. I do really like reporting weekly, but I really just don't have time, and I love this dynasty and wanna advance.

Right now, ball training takes up 5-6 hours a day easily, skill work and physical, and I watch film, work on my mind for about 90 minutes. I'm now starting to prepare for football, I wanna be a corner, so that's another 1-2 hours getting technical stuff down a couple times a week, film everyday. Sometimes I'd rather go chill with my boys, or with a shordy. I try to get to sleep early, I'm gonna have schoolwork in a couple weeks, and I'll have to find time to be in the gym the way I need to be, cause hoop is #1. That will never change. So this really like, my 4th/5th priority just cause there's things I need to do.

I don't know. I'm gonna try just recapping the last 4 weeks of this season, see if I can get a good format for that. If not, I'll probably just go weekly, and go real slow, like 1 game a week at best. If I really can't find time I'll do seasonal recaps. Won't come to that unless I go prep this year tho, which I'm not expecting until I'm a senior.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 09:45 PM   #126
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

just do you. it's your dynasty, so what you post is what we get, and as long as it's quality stuff, people will continue to follow. that's just what i go by.

keep grinding, too. you seem to have a crazy work ethic and it'll be great to see where you end up after hs
Old 08-24-2017, 11:04 PM   #127
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
just do you. it's your dynasty, so what you post is what we get, and as long as it's quality stuff, people will continue to follow. that's just what i go by.

keep grinding, too. you seem to have a crazy work ethic and it'll be great to see where you end up after hs
Yeah imma find the way I wanna do it. It's a lot of different ways I could, really wish I had more spare time but like I said, I got things that I absolutely have to do. This is just my hobby. Whatever I post, it'll be quality, trust me on that. I won't rush things and put out some trash, I got pride in everything I do.

As far as ball, man I started midway thru my freshman year, 5'9, a buck 30, couldn't touch the rim, and I honestly was pretty bad at basketball. Now I'm 6'1, dunking a lil bit, and I can hoop. I ain't got nothing but a work ethic, grinding is all I know.

The goal is to go to UCLA. Whether that happens or not, I know I'll be d1 somewhere in 2-3 years, depending on if I reclassify. (which I'll probably do if I still can, just cause I'm competing with guys that have been hooping since they could walk)

Last edited by young22; 08-24-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:57 AM   #128
MVP

young22's Arena

Y2, G9-12

November 22nd, 2014

SWARM END SEASON WITH 4 EMBARRASSING LOSSES

Sacks, bad picks, and Ronald Hollis drops just about sum up 2014 for the Swarm

Outscored 191-27 over 4 games -- Hollis catches just 11 balls for under 200 yards over last 3 games -- Offensive line ripped by Banks -- Chandler looking lost, pressured constantly

Westlake, OH -- Well, it's over. Season 2 of Swarm football was just as painful as season 1. The Swarm ended their season with 4 losses in which it looked like the team just flat out quit.

It started with a game at home against Colorado State. (4-4, 3-3 MWC) The Swarm looked out of it from the start, with QB Ayo Chandler tossing a pick. CSU would kick a field goal on their ensuing drive, and tack on another one to end the first quarter up 6-0. The Swarm would come back with a field goal of their own. It would prove to be their only points on the game.

Another CSU field goal put the Rams up 9-3. The Swarm had a good drive going, getting down to the CSU 2 before they decided to try a trick play. HB Brett Wright, who got the start in place of injured Stanford Kane, took the snap out of the wildcat. He faked a handoff, rolled right, and tried to throw it to Chandler, who ran a short route. Rams corner Kevin Nutt Jr. would step in front of it at the 3, and take it all the way.

That play would change the game. The Swarm looked deflated from that point on, giving up 51 unanswered points, to fall 64-3. The offensive line folded, allowing Chandler to be sacked 5 times, and failing to open any holes in the run game, as the Swarm ran for negative yardage on the day.

POTG: CSU QB Nick Stevens - 28/41, 404 yards, 2 TD, INT

Next, the Swarm went on the road to face Bowling Green. (6-3, 4-2 MAC) Falcons QB James Morgan shredded the Swarm secondary, completing 33 of 50 passes for 401 yards and 5 scores.

Ronald Hollis had possibly his worst game yet. The star wideout caught just 3 balls for 23 yards, and dropped 3 passes. Banks would bench him after the 3rd drop.

Once again, Chandler was pressured all day long and the run game was nonexistent.

Banks had this to say about his offensive line after the game:

Quote:
It's just ridiculous. I've been quiet all year. But I'm ashamed of our offensive line. These guys haven't been anywhere near competent. Playing soft, scared all the time. Honestly they look like they don't even want to be here. I'm disgusted with all of them.

Stanford (Kane), Brett (Wright), those guys are good backs. Stanford won't get a chance to show what he can do, his career is done. Ayo (Chandler) is a good QB, but you can't show it when there's 3 guys in your face every play. These guys need to step it up big time.
POTG: BGSU QB James Morgan - 33/50, 401 yards, 5 TD

Westlake State-Wisconsin. (6-4, 5-2 Big 10) In Madison. Expecting a blowout doesn't make it any less disappointing. Funnily enough, out of these 4 games, the Swarm played best in this one.

Didn't stop HB Chris James from racking up 200 yards from scrimmage and a whopping 6 scores, 5 of them on the ground, en route to a 49-14 blowout.

The line was mediocre this game. Perhaps Banks' criticisms after the Bowling Green game inspired them a bit, as they gave up just one sack. Unfortunately, Ayo Chandler couldn't hit the broad side of a barn this game, completing just 21 of his 49 passes, and tossing 2 picks against just 1 TD.

Ronald Hollis had his first drop free game of the year, as he caught 7 balls for 43 yards and a score.

POTG: Wisconsin HB Chris James - 35 carries, 177 yards, 5 TD, 3 catches, 23 yards, TD

Senior day arrived, and the Swarm went up against San Diego State (7-2, 6-1 MWC) at home. The team looked tired, demoralized, and like they'd rather be somewhere else. Combine that with the talent gap, and the 35-0 loss could've been a hell of a lot worse.

The offensive line just looked like a bunch of middle schoolers, getting shoved around, allowing 5 sacks. Ayo Chandler made maybe one throw from a clean pocket all day.

SDSU tailback Raashad Penny ran all over the Swarm defense, racking up 129 yards and 3 scores on just 19 carries. He would sit the 4th quarter.

Postgame, Banks talked about his thoughts on the season and his future at Westlake State.

Quote:
I want to thank everyone on this team. It's tough to lose. I think we
definitely got better this year, so we're moving forward. We went 2-10, but we easily could've gone 4-8, 5-7, I think. It's just little things. They end up adding up though, and cost us a couple games.

I'm fully committed to being here and seeing Westlake State start to win. We have a lot of talent returning, as well as coming in via recruiting. All I ask is that everyone trust the process. We will be a ranked team in a few seasons.
Note: I don't like doing updates like this, but this was the only way I was gonna get all this off within the next couple weeks. I'm gonna continue to do weekly and expand on it, if I don't have enough time, it'll be season recaps, broken down week by week with just scores, quick recap, bullet points. Offseason will be done in next few days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »