Home

Where are the DEVS on this forum??

This is a discussion on Where are the DEVS on this forum?? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Where are the DEVS on this forum??

I visit this forum OFTEN and I cant recall the DEVS coming on here asking the community for our input. The madden and ncaa devs visit these forums and post for our ideas or thoughts. THe SCEA guys are in there respective forums lookig for input but I dont see the TW crew in here. This game could be a LOT better if they would come in asking for this input.

I could guarentee if they were coming here small things like OB markers would have been caught early enough to possibly make it into the game. Golf to me is like baseball. If you dont capture the "little things" it greatly effects the way the game feels.

After reading this it comes off as a RANT but thats not what I am trying to get across. I just want to see the only golf game that is available on a console to be the best it can be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Where are the DEVS on this forum??

Good question.

You could certainly ask the question on the actual blogs themselves. Keep in mind that TW Dev team is much smaller than the NCAA/Madden Dev Teams. My guess is that they have not been very active in the forums for this very reason.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
My guess is that they have not been very active in the forums for this very reason.
This last part confused me. Do you think they dont come on here because they dont want constructive criticism?? I can understand somewhat with regards to the smalled DEV team but if you were the developed wouldnt you want to hear what we as a community think needs working on?
Old 04-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthostud23
This last part confused me. Do you think they dont come on here because they dont want constructive criticism?? I can understand somewhat with regards to the smalled DEV team but if you were the developed wouldnt you want to hear what we as a community think needs working on?
No. They don't have the people resources that other EA Sports teams do. And what community involvement they are working on is the Dev Blogs which is far more than any TW Dev Team I have seen in my years of working with EA....if they had the size team that NCAA and Madden do, I believe they would be spending more time responding in the forums. I do know that they spend some time reading the feedback which is impacting the new features and work being done on TW10....
Old 04-14-2009, 06:27 PM   #5
Pro

I hear you. It is nice that they have done some Tiger Blogs on a semi regular basis this year. I have gone over to there forums to voice my thoughts. I am sure I will see you on there as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

I know they watch the Microsoft 360 forums around release. With the freeze issue in TW08 I traded several pm's with one of the Devs about a work around some of us had found.

Like Divot has said I think they have just enough people to get the job done. I am sure they monitor the forums as much as possible but don't have time for extensive interaction. We can see that many of the things players wanted are showing up in TW10.

Plus online communities; even mostly civilized ones like here; are very fickle and can turn on you in a second. If the Dev team had a visible presence here with a lot of back and forth communication it builds a sense of ownership both good and bad. Community members get to feel like they are part of the process but the second someone's pet idea has to be cut that sense of ownership turns ugly. We have seen it here on many occasions.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:36 AM   #7
MVP

Well said, Zalf.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »