Home

OS GOLF LEAGUE - WEEK Seven - FedEx Cup Playoffs - Pinhurst - POST SCORES HERE!!

This is a discussion on OS GOLF LEAGUE - WEEK Seven - FedEx Cup Playoffs - Pinhurst - POST SCORES HERE!! within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2010, 02:31 AM   #1
MVP

rheller's Arena

OVR: 8
OS GOLF LEAGUE - WEEK Seven - FedEx Cup Playoffs - Pinhurst - POST SCORES HERE!!

Round 1 = -2

Up and down round. Started -3 after 6. Then bogeyed 7, 9, & 10. Came back and birdied 12-14. Bogeyed 16. The hardest course so far for me in terms of the greens. I had to really try and postion my approaches so the ball wouldn't roll down the edge of the greens. Some holes were so bad that I didn't even try to make the putt. I just tried to lag it to some flat part of the green and hope I made a 4-5 footer. I'll take the score I shot, because I can see myself shooting a +5-+7 round on this course. Hard, but fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
Pro

goalie's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: OS GOLF LEAGUE - WEEK Seven - FedEx Cup Playoffs - Pinhurst - POST SCORES HERE!!

any specific holes that stand out?

i don't think i've played it - or maybe just once the day i bought it...
Old 10-02-2010, 01:14 AM   #3
MVP

rheller's Arena

Re: OS GOLF LEAGUE - WEEK Seven - FedEx Cup Playoffs - Pinhurst - POST SCORES HERE!!

Round 1 = -2
Round 2 = +9

Total = +7

I officially HATE this course. If the pin placements replicate real life, then this is a course from hell. Sorry goalie, not one hole stands out to me. I hate them all! They all kind of seem the same to me. Easy driving holes to an elevated green. There were some holes that I thought I hit really good approach shots only to have it land a few feet from the hole and check up a little and roll off the green.

I watch the Masters every year and playing this course seems like this is what it might be like. There are many holes that I couldn't go for the pin because I know it would run off the green once it landed. I tried to hit to spots on the green, but even then it didn't help. Yesterday, I said the course was fun probably because the pin placements were manageable. Today, I just wanted to quit after getting a 7 on #2. Good luck to you guys!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:10 PM   #4
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Arrrrhhhhggggeeherrere!!!!!

This tourney has beaten me up. LOL I gotta call it after three rounds, goalie. I about want to delete Pinehurst.

Rnd 1 74 +4
Rnd 2 79 +9
Rnd 3 83 +13

The greens are so rounded it's like putting on a dome. I'll try again next week LOL Done.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 10-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
Pro

goalie's Arena

wow, i havent played a round yet, but you guys have me petrified...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 12:36 AM   #6
MVP

rheller's Arena

Round 1 = -2
Round 2 = +9
Round 3 = -1

Total = +6

Up and down round. -1 front side with an Eagle on the Par 5. Even backside. Made a couple of 20+ foot benders that saved the round. My short game was better than yesterday and it had to be because I only had 9 GIR. I will play the last round just to get through it...
Old 10-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #7
Pro

goalie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheller
Round 1 = -2
Round 2 = +9
Round 3 = -1

Total = +6

Up and down round. -1 front side with an Eagle on the Par 5. Even backside. Made a couple of 20+ foot benders that saved the round. My short game was better than yesterday and it had to be because I only had 9 GIR. I will play the last round just to get through it...
round one: 66 (-4)

details to follow...
Old 10-03-2010, 06:26 PM   #8
Pro

goalie's Arena

i am definitely in the minority here, but i LOVE this course!

so damn hard with the greens, but still feels "fair" - at least i think so!

round 2: 69 (-1)

totals: 66,69 (-5 overall)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »