Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 Golfers List

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 Golfers List within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-12-2011, 06:25 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 Golfers List

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer
What do you mean by this? I have used true aim in the demo, I went to options and choose true aim. It operates the same as in TW11. As far as the club distance being visible in the box, I hear ya, why isnt it there. On the other how many times does a person have to see his 8 iron will travel 152yds to figure out it will carry 152yds. Now of course I am speaking of tournament mode where you have to know your club distances because they are hidden to increase the difficulty.

On all other modes flick the left stick up and see your club distance in the fairways or on the green.
What I mean by true aim not being available is that the cornerstones of true aim that you used in TW11 was club carrying distance, green elevation, flagstick markers, yardage markers throughout the course and the aiming marker. The first 4 are not there and the aiming marker is markedly different from TW11 in that for TW12 you now judge yardage by club selection %'s (and caddie choice) rather than estimating from yardage markers from last year. For me anyways that means true aim is completely different and the only similarity is the view off the tee itself.

The only thing I find better about TW12 true aim is that the camera zooms in more after you shoot allowing you to see ball landing a little more clearly.

For someone who immensely enjoyed true aim last year will find it quite jarring that it has been changed so much for this year.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #18
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
What I mean by true aim not being available is that the cornerstones of true aim that you used in TW11 was club carrying distance, green elevation, flagstick markers, yardage markers throughout the course and the aiming marker. The first 4 are not there and the aiming marker is markedly different from TW11 in that for TW12 you now judge yardage by club selection %'s (and caddie choice) rather than estimating from yardage markers from last year. For me anyways that means true aim is completely different and the only similarity is the view off the tee itself.

The only thing I find better about TW12 true aim is that the camera zooms in more after you shoot allowing you to see ball landing a little more clearly.

For someone who immensely enjoyed true aim last year will find it quite jarring that it has been changed so much for this year.
Ok. I follow you now. To be honest, I thought about not buying this game 2 holes into the demo because of those changes you mentioned. But once I disabled the caddie and used the CUSTOM club option (only) the game felt pretty good. I guess it just took about 15 holes to get used to the change.

Agree the camera is better in true aim, zooms in better.

By the way will you be playing Tournament mode or Tour pro?
Old 03-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer
Ok. I follow you now. To be honest, I thought about not buying this game 2 holes into the demo because of those changes you mentioned. But once I disabled the caddie and used the CUSTOM club option (only) the game felt pretty good. I guess it just took about 15 holes to get used to the change.

Agree the camera is better in true aim, zooms in better.

By the way will you be playing Tournament mode or Tour pro?
Always tourney mode with as little aids as possible.

I'm started playing the demo again to get used to it and pretend to ignore the fact that I hate this caddie box in the middle of the damn screen but I'm a video golf game junkie and I don't know if I can wait another year for a golf game and who knows what EA will screw up for TW13.

Depends on how good Top Spin 4 is and whether it will give me my sports game fix for now and then I can wait a couple of months for TW12 to see if they at least patch it and reapply some of the True Aim features from last year. I'm on the EA boards and one of the Devs responded to my query about issuing a patch in this way and he said they will look into it. So now I have hope.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

How come there is so few golfers? Why isn't there more like Mickelson, Kaymer, Westwood, Stricker, Overton, Watney etc etc. Doesn;t make sense baseball football and hockey games have all the players but this game has 20.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_dubs
How come there is so few golfers? Why isn't there more like Mickelson, Kaymer, Westwood, Stricker, Overton, Watney etc etc. Doesn;t make sense baseball football and hockey games have all the players but this game has 20.
$$$$$. As far as i know it has to be negotiated seperately with each golfer to use thier likeness much like tennis so getting the top 50 golfers would cost them a bundle so it's a lot cheaper to just use the name on a scoresheet rather than the face. There is no players union in golf and tennis. With the team sports the devs negotiate with the players union as a whole and it's a lot cheaper to secure the rights to everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 10:56 PM   #22
Rookie

stlcaridnals1522's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_dubs
It is because they have to get their approval, and i know phil will never be in it (rival), and others dont care for
Old 03-27-2011, 11:43 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

I haven't read anything on why McIlroy went from the cover of '11 to not included in '12.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:48 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kace
I haven't read anything on why McIlroy went from the cover of '11 to not included in '12.
McIlroy has talked smack about Tiger multiple times in the last year. My guess is they took him out for bad-mouthing the cover boy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »