Home

Old 03-29-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Putting

Is there a way to go back to last year's putting system and if not any tips on how to put...Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
Rookie

DLowery's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Putting

it took me a little while to pick up putting, but after getting pretty irritated I attacked it the same way I do on the real life golf course and came out with a pretty good round in the AM Tour.

Just do your best to read the greens, you'll get the amount of break you'll need for certain reads over time. Just like in real life, it's something you learn from just playing, you can't just pick it up and sink 20 footers.

The actual putting meter is what got me for the longest time. I finally realized that the top of the putter (the thing that you move down and up) needs to hit the bottom of the yellow bar (the sweet spot). So, in essence, you need to go down on your right stick JUST below the yellow line so your putter "hits" the yellow line upward.

For the longest time, I moved the right stick up when my putter was ON the yellow line when in actuality, the putter needs to go just below it.

Hope that helps, I'll try to come up with a better explanation later
Old 03-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Is there a way to go back to last year's putting system and if not any tips on how to put...Thanks
No. Classic putting is gone. However, it took me 3 days to figure out the putting system and it just takes lots of practice and trial and error.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #4
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Thanks. I will keep plugging at it. Is there any trick where to put the triangle in the circle or does that also change.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
Me?

shon's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm having trouble putting too with the DS controller, the Move is much better and feels great while the DS just feels off.

I was playing against the AI and for a 3 foot putt he drew back his putter all the way and made the shot and that just looks awful and not realistic at all. I moved the triangle around and it does make a difference in the power meter. I thought they fixed this last year where the putter was based on a specific number of feet all the time and you just had to feel it. Links had this and I thought Tiger implemented this last year but I guess I was mistaken.

I'm really not sure how it works this time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2011, 09:34 PM   #6
Rookie

DLowery's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Thanks. I will keep plugging at it. Is there any trick where to put the triangle in the circle or does that also change.
the circle is just where the caddie thinks you should aim, roughly in that general area.

As your course mastery gets better, the circle will get smaller
Old 03-30-2011, 01:32 AM   #7
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

I seriously suck at putting on this. It's mainly due to the fact I can't bring the thumbstick back and forth in a straight line. Played two rounds so far and averaged 2.5 putts per hole. Atrocious!
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 03-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've realized you have to pull back slowly on the analog stick as well...and if you don't go straight just let it go and try again, as there's no penalty for letting go, you just start the putt over. I practiced on the demo quite a bit and was terrible at first and am getting much better at it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »