Home

TW13 Analog Stick Deadzone issue

This is a discussion on TW13 Analog Stick Deadzone issue within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1
TW13 Analog Stick Deadzone issue

Hi all, I checked these forums, and others, but couldnt find any real answers to my question.

I just purchased this game as I gave up on the Tiger Woods series years ago. I'm happy to say that so far this game is doing a decent job of representing golf, bar a few minor things.

One thing that's bothering me though, is, when I address the ball, my left analog stick that controls where on the ball I strike seems to have no deadzone what so ever and if it is slightly off center the reticle on the ball starts drifting. I've gotten in the habit of watching it now, but for about 2/3rds of the shots I'm fixing it before shooting.

Does anybody else have this problem, and if so, is there a known fix?

Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: TW13 Analog Stick Deadzone issue

I have seen it on some controllers, but not others. Typically do not see this on new controllers....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 03-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I have seen it on some controllers, but not others. Typically do not see this on new controllers....
Great, thanks for your reply, DivotMaker. I have two new controllers, one for my pc, I guess I'll have to try switching them, but still the other controller is new ... it's a bit of a pain really.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
Rookie

Kalub's Arena

Does it ever happen when you address the ball on the teebox?

I've noticed it being a bit off center on some fairway shots, and obviously from the rough, but I assumed it was all by design. I haven't ever noticed one off center when teeing off.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

Yes, I've noticed it on every type of shot, whether it be on the teebox getting ready for a drive, or chipping on the green.

Hilariously enough, it had moved up so far one shot, and i didnt notice until i shot, that the reticule was aimed at the top of the ball. I swung, topped it as youd expect and the shot looked like something I'd do in real life occasionally, lol. That part made me happy at least, that it was realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grallis
Yes, I've noticed it on every type of shot, whether it be on the teebox getting ready for a drive, or chipping on the green.

Hilariously enough, it had moved up so far one shot, and i didnt notice until i shot, that the reticule was aimed at the top of the ball. I swung, topped it as youd expect and the shot looked like something I'd do in real life occasionally, lol. That part made me happy at least, that it was realistic.
The problem is with your controller....when it happened to me, I bought a new controller and issue went away. The analog sticks can get worn out over time and do show signs of drift in games like Tiger.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 03-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

Ya, I know that part, but the thing is, its the only game it does it with. In NHL or FIFA, my players dont skate or walk when the stick is centred, nor for any 1st person game - my player doesnt drift around. The real problem is that TW13 has no or absolutely minimal deadzone on the controller.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #8
Rookie

randogu's Arena

OVR: 5

Just wanted to add that I deal with this as well. I have a years old controller that I use most often and it loves to drift pretty badly with this game. The brand new controller that I keep in reserve has no issues.

--"Ya, I know that part, but the thing is, its the only game it does it with. In NHL or FIFA, my players dont skate or walk when the stick is centred, nor for any 1st person game - my player doesnt drift around. The real problem is that TW13 has no or absolutely minimal deadzone on the controller."--

I'm right there with you on this as well. TW13 is the only game that doesnt like this controller. My guess as to why is that they purposely programmed the game to be hyper-sensitive to stick movement in order to get as detailed of a reading as they could on your swing...especially on the higher difficultly levels. Unfortunately, it's hyper-sensitive across the whole of the game (including the near rage inducing create a golfer sliders).

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »