Home

From TW2010 to TW2014?

This is a discussion on From TW2010 to TW2014? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
From TW2010 to TW2014?

I haven't played a Tiger Woods game since 2010, but I've played quite a few in the past before then. I enjoy the games to an extent...meaning I have never played online (but have online capabilities, but never had a new TW game) and I get bored of the game after I consistently break 60 every round.

I was intrigued when I heard about the Simulation difficulty for TW2014. So my question for everyone here is: Does it really make the game difficult enough to make it fun again? I want a game where I'm not guaranteed a win every time (like I feel with Madden, NCAA). Games like NBA 2k and Fifa give me a good balance between winning and losing so it's fun to play.

Also, how's the online community? Is it active and fun?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: From TW2010 to TW2014?

I've owned every Tiger Woods golf game of this generation, and I play mostly the highest difficulty levels. The scoring is the most difficult and realistic in Tiger 14, but it's for what I find to be the wrong reasons. The diagonal swing path you're forced to make in default Simulation and Tournament difficulty feels unnatural and contrived to my senses. The diagonal motion you are forced to make to achieve your optimum draw or fade (depending on which golfer swing you've chosen) strikes me as being way out of scale for the net result.

I also don't like the camera presentation in Tiger 14. It feels more limited and clunky than anything since Tiger 09. The broadcast presentation option is simply horrible. It takes you out of the golfer's perspective at impact and jumps to some extremely zoomed-out, obscure camera angles that give you very little information about how putts broke in particular. I'm forced to use Follow camera as a result, and this is the worst Follow cam presentation I've seen in the series... period.

I'd stick with Tiger 10. It's swing interface has a much greater sense of rhythm, the presentation camera is the best of the series, and its fully linear precision putting is easilty the best and most satisfying of the series. You just have to be willing to go into the Club Tuner and dial the sweetspot percentages to something in the high teens to low twenties to make it challenging. It defaults to values in the 40s and 50s that make it ridiculously easy, out of the box.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 08-28-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: From TW2010 to TW2014?

Hate to dig up an old thread, but I was looking for a golf game and a friend just gave me a copy of Tigers Woods 10 and I was wondering if it was worth getting some mileage out of this one before I stumbled upon a cheap copy of 13 or 14 down the road.

Obviously there aren't rosters and stuff, but do they have any updates or anything you can download to spice up 2010 like you do for Madden/NHL etc.? (like unlocking courses/characters)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »