Home

From +5 to -13 in the space of an hour...

This is a discussion on From +5 to -13 in the space of an hour... within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2014, 06:08 AM   #1
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
From +5 to -13 in the space of an hour...

I'll preface this by saying that I enjoy being bad at sports games. What I mean by that is, I like to have settings where I can lose a realistic amount unless I play really, really well.

So this morning, I had a spare hour before work so I thought I'd continue my Tiger 14 career (Expert swing difficulty, no spin, but green grid, zoom to shot on) which I'd started only a couple of days beforehand.

I did decently in the amateur tournaments and then missed the cut by one stroke at Atlanta, which is pretty realistic for a rookie.

Then this morning I went to Torrey Pines and over two rounds carded +8, so another missed cut. I played badly so got what I deserved.

So imagine my disbelief when I rocked up for the first round at Oakmont and shot a 58! I know the flag positions were easy as it was the first round, but everything was going within 5 feet of the pin, and I would have had a better round if I didn't bogey the 18th.

To me it feels like the driving is too easy on the expert swing difficulty. The rest of the game is perfect but I preferred Tiger 12's driving as it was actually a challenge to hit the fairways.

Has this amazing turnaround ever happened to anyone else here? I was playing such poor golf just an hour before I didn't even think it was possible!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: From +5 to -13 in the space of an hour...

*not Oakmont, Oak Hill

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »