Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Still Thin, But Not As Bare As At Launch

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Still Thin, But Not As Bare As At Launch within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2015, 04:37 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Still Thin, But Not As Bare As At Launch

When Rory McIlroy PGA Golf was released, it was met with a lot of criticism, and rightfully so. Although the gameplay was solid, once you hit the clubhouse the game felt shallow and left many feeling they had purchased an incomplete title. The career mode felt like an afterthought, and the online offerings were depleted if you compared them to previous EA golf titles.

Read More - Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Still Thin, But Not As Bare As At Launch
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #2
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
Is there an ETA for when it will be free on ea access?
Old 12-17-2015, 02:28 AM   #3
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Still Thin, But Not As Bare As At Launch

This game seems to be slowly getting there, but I can't help but wonder if when it finally does, it's going to be too late. I get the impression that they don't have as many people on the development team as they had in the Tiger Woods era, and as a result, they're doing a miserable job on the public relations end with RMPGAT. I'll buy it if they ever add an option to turn off that annoying tempo bubble, that's directly beneath the golfer; and add real time, hole-by-hole scoring updates to live tournaments. It may very well wind up in the EA Access Vault before both of those happen though.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:30 AM   #4
Rookie

catcherforbaseball's Arena

OVR: 1
Big fan of the game for a while. Considering how bare it was I began to lose interest. To spice up the career mode, I would even be interested in adding the fantasy courses to add something new. A lot of the previous features from Tiger Woods games should be looked into. For example, the country club addition or the shot by shot game challenges.

I look forward to playing this game some more, but I need more of an social experience like this article points out.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
I have always purchased the annual TWPGA game for as long as I can remember. This is the first year I did not buy the game. After playing the 10 hour trial, it was clear that The Golf Club is the far superior game. The physics alone are much more realistic than Rory15. How can people call this golf when your ball stops on a dime from a shot with a 3W!?? I'd say Graphics and licensing are the only PROS Rory 15 has that I wish the Golf Club had more of. For anyone looking to get their golf gaming fix...check out www.tgctours.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2015, 01:23 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 13

Thanks for the update on the game. I like that that OS revisited the game after more content has been released, as promised by EA. This is (for better or worse) likely going to increasingly become standard as more and more games release and add later, almost like episodic gaming.

Good to know the follow-up has been there, but I have to wonder about the sustainability of this model. Is EA just priming the public to expect bare-bones releases that will be added to later? Unspoken, of course, is initially for 'free' as a sort of trial balloon, and then later (if successfully adopted by consumers) for $$$.

I hate to sound like an old guy, but the way the industry is going is the reason why I barely even play games any more.
Old 12-25-2015, 06:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Marcellus Wallace's Arena

OVR: 2

I still enjoy this game. It's a fun pick up and play game that I've put some time into. This will be the only EA golf game for years, right? Hence no year in the title? I assume they will just be updating this as time goes...
Old 12-26-2015, 01:16 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus Wallace
I still enjoy this game. It's a fun pick up and play game that I've put some time into. This will be the only EA golf game for years, right? Hence no year in the title? I assume they will just be updating this as time goes...
I think it's going to be like UFC. It's an every other year release. So the next one will probably come out in 2017 and it will be called Rory McIlroy PGA Tour 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »