Home

Manipulating the way you hold controller/swing stick

This is a discussion on Manipulating the way you hold controller/swing stick within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2016, 04:13 PM   #1
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0
Manipulating the way you hold controller/swing stick

How does everyone feel about that, in regards sim?

I feel like the game (as all games) is developed assuming you are holding the controller in your hand and using your thumbs. The small tour I run using TGC is most certainly a sim minded club. But the issue has arisen of manipulating the way you use the controller, ie: setting it down, using a thumb and 2 fingers to swing, ect......... This IMO makes shooting straight infinately easier, and flies in the face of any attempts at a sim competition. Looking for any and all thoughts and opinions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2016, 09:19 AM   #2
Rookie

dpc134's Arena

Re: Manipulating the way you hold controller/swing stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
How does everyone feel about that, in regards sim?

I feel like the game (as all games) is developed assuming you are holding the controller in your hand and using your thumbs. The small tour I run using TGC is most certainly a sim minded club. But the issue has arisen of manipulating the way you use the controller, ie: setting it down, using a thumb and 2 fingers to swing, ect......... This IMO makes shooting straight infinately easier, and flies in the face of any attempts at a sim competition. Looking for any and all thoughts and opinions.
In my opinion, the problem that TGC has with replicating "sim" play is, that there is not enough variability and inconsistency with their swing mechanics. It should be almost impossible to hit 100% straight. But TGC has too much forgiveness. Even when the swing is off by 1 or 2 degrees, the shot is not affected much at all.
Also, in order to replicate sim, each swing should have some amount a variation, regardless of how "perfect" the swing is. The ball distance and accuracy is way too consistent. The best golfer in the world is not able to hit perfectly straight and exact same distance with every shot.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:20 PM   #3
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Re: Manipulating the way you hold controller/swing stick

Awesome man, thanks. I was wondering if anyome had an opinion at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »