Home

Pro vs All-Pro

This is a discussion on Pro vs All-Pro within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-12-2022, 10:20 PM   #1
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7
Pro vs All-Pro

OK I’m starting this by saying I don’t play Madden as near as much as I used to.
But this year I am playing the 10 hours of EA play and it’s ridiculous.
The difference in difficulty between pro and all pro. I played two different games with the same teams in the same settings except for the difficulty and on all pro I threw five interceptions I couldn’t run the ball I didn’t have time to do anything and they killed me.
Switched it to pro and I won 35 to 7 and they couldn’t stop me at all this is against the CPU by the way.
I want to like this game, but pro is too easy at this point and all pro is just maddeningly difficult.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2022, 10:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pro vs All-Pro

i would try loading up all-pro in practice mode to get better. keep in mind that there is an issue this year with receivers not playing the ball aggressively and allowing the db to pick the ball off, so the ints may not be entirely your fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-13-2022, 09:26 AM   #3
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

EA Would do well to have separate level settings for offense and defense. I dont' understand in this day and age how this isnt' a thing.
Old 09-15-2022, 05:22 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc68
OK I’m starting this by saying I don’t play Madden as near as much as I used to.
But this year I am playing the 10 hours of EA play and it’s ridiculous.
The difference in difficulty between pro and all pro. I played two different games with the same teams in the same settings except for the difficulty and on all pro I threw five interceptions I couldn’t run the ball I didn’t have time to do anything and they killed me.
Switched it to pro and I won 35 to 7 and they couldn’t stop me at all this is against the CPU by the way.
I want to like this game, but pro is too easy at this point and all pro is just maddeningly difficult.
Pro Difficulty is not what's causing the easiness, it's the high rated Front End rosters that we play with.

Player Ratings are just Gameplay Sliders on a more granular individual level.

There's a reason why Passing, Catching, Rushing, Tackling, PAT etc... are easier to the User as the rating increases, they start to act as "Assist Aids" to the User

- 80'ish+ Pass Accuracy ratings produce less off throws
- high Carry ratings kill fumbling chances and allow User to run without care
- 70+ Catch ratings minimize dropped passes
- high KAC make PAT's easier for Users
- high Route Run ratings produce greater separation for easier User passes

I always suggest doing a full Front End roster scrub (12+ yr Sim) and play with Generated players that generate using more of the lower end of the Ratings Scale, which in turn, minimizes a lot of the help aid application higher ratings provide.
Old 09-15-2022, 05:48 PM   #5
Pro

I wish I had an answer for you. I go back and forth between pro and all pro while leaving the sliders alone mainly because I just don't have it in me right now to play the game of searching for that utopia of the mythical magical unicorn slider setting that we all seek and hope to find.

But really... one of the things I learned with EA is that patches tend to have unintended consequences (or intended, who knows?) of messing w/ the sliders. So until they address the INT issue, I am not even bothering with sliders right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2022, 01:28 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Pro Difficulty is not what's causing the easiness, it's the high rated Front End rosters that we play with.

Player Ratings are just Gameplay Sliders on a more granular individual level.

There's a reason why Passing, Catching, Rushing, Tackling, PAT etc... are easier to the User as the rating increases, they start to act as "Assist Aids" to the User

- 80'ish+ Pass Accuracy ratings produce less off throws
- high Carry ratings kill fumbling chances and allow User to run without care
- 70+ Catch ratings minimize dropped passes
- high KAC make PAT's easier for Users
- high Route Run ratings produce greater separation for easier User passes

I always suggest doing a full Front End roster scrub (12+ yr Sim) and play with Generated players that generate using more of the lower end of the Ratings Scale, which in turn, minimizes a lot of the help aid application higher ratings provide.
Spot on

I simply can't play with Fumble slider above 25 for that exact reason you mentioned and QBA IMO is the most overrated aspect of Madden.

I know everyone likes to keep it at default, but I don't know how you throw any off target passes with it that high.

I thought the new Passing System would make QB play more realistic for the USER, but it has no effect what so whatsoever IMO on ratings it's mostly stick skills.

So, I quickly went back to Classic Passing to at least get some sort of ratings influence in the game.

Having said that I just don't know what they can do to fix QB accuracy in this game unless they finally decide to use the OLD FBG Ratings which captures QB Accuracy much better for gameplay.

Start dropping starting QB's accuracy ratings and then you get progress...

I'm hoping the new NCAA game takes that approach more because they are college players, and you shouldn't have so many guys in that 80-90 range for specific ratings that effect gameplay on the field.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »