Home

Madden 24 Beta impressions

This is a discussion on Madden 24 Beta impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2023, 12:48 PM   #785
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 24 Beta impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Here you go!! This is on All-Pro/15 min quarters/15 second accelerated clock/Broadcast cam defense/All-22 and zoom cam for offense. I use Zoom on the road and All-22 at home. Strict "No Switch" on defense. I will user catch if needed for contextual purposes of aggressive or possession or RAC catches....I don’t user catch often....but I will when I feel it is really needed. Classic passing, heat seeker/ball hawk/defensive asset all turned off.

Also as far as play cool down rules (so happy we can use these offline now) I use the following now:

Off play cool down - 10
Off Playcall Limit - 3
Def play cool down - 7
Def play call limit - 3
Home Field Advantage - Off

Human Sliders

QB Accuracy - 40

Pass Blocking - 40

WR Catching - 50

Run Blocking - 37

Fumbles - 49

Pass Defense Reaction Time - 60

Interceptions - 25

Pass Coverage - 60

Tackling - 47

CPU Sliders

QB Accuracy - 40

Pass Blocking - 70

WR Catching - 50

Run Blocking - 90

Fumbles - 48

Pass Defense Reaction Time - 60

Interceptions - 15

Pass Coverage - 60

Tackling - 47

Injuries - 50

Fatigue - 70

Player Speed Parity Scale - 75

FG Power - 55

FG Accuracy - 35

Punt Power - 45

Punt Accuracy - 42

Kickoff Power - 50

Penalties

Offside - 55

False Start - 55

Holding - 55

Facemask - 55

Defensive Pass Interference - 55

Illegal Block In The Back - 55

Roughing The Passer - 50

All other penalties are toggled “On”

Auto Subs - Default
Any explanation on why Homefield Advantage is off?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2023, 01:20 PM   #786
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Great question because I recall a leaked screenshot somewhere on this forum of Ian Rappaport scanned into Madden.

I’m guessing that’s for Superstar Mode, but cautiously hoping it’s for Franchise.
Old 06-21-2023, 01:21 PM   #787
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I’m enjoying the beta I’ve went through 9 seasons total with the two franchises and they’ve been fun. Haven’t messed with the draft class quality yet.

It did seem harder for me to sign players who weren’t interested once I turned the free agent motivation to very high. I had to offer them a very player friendly contact in order for them to accept it and then sometimes when I would offer it they would turn it down.

A nice little touch I noticed is after scoring a touchdown if you don’t choose a celebration the player just stands there holding the ball and your teammates come over celebrate. Also just had a game against the Browns and I’m up by 17 with 7 minutes to go in the fourth quarter and the cpu offense starts running the no huddle.
Old 06-21-2023, 01:41 PM   #788
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan89
Any explanation on why Homefield Advantage is off?

I can’t stand that mechanic at all. It also kills the CPU’s ability to play properly and I can’t stand all that crap on the screen.

So happy we can turn it off!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-21-2023, 01:43 PM   #789
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I’m enjoying the beta I’ve went through 9 seasons total with the two franchises and they’ve been fun. Haven’t messed with the draft class quality yet.

Also has anyone noticed the change in moving 5 yr options from scenario to a contract function. Especially regarding how the CPU uses it.

It did seem harder for me to sign players who weren’t interested once I turned the free agent motivation to very high. I had to offer them a very player friendly contact in order for them to accept it and then sometimes when I would offer it they would turn it down.

A nice little touch I noticed is after scoring a touchdown if you don’t choose a celebration the player just stands there holding the ball and your teammates come over celebrate. Also just had a game against the Browns and I’m up by 17 with 7 minutes to go in the fourth quarter and the cpu offense starts running the no huddle.
I’m curious if this slider would affect CPU salary negotiations. Especially regarding escalating contract demand as you get deeper into a franchise.
Old 06-21-2023, 01:49 PM   #790
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
It's not a 100% thing (sometimes if you're near the sideline possession will take precedence), but on classic and placement passing using a high throw by holding L1+reciever button will trigger the aggressive catch the majority of the time without needing to click on. On classic especially you'll see the grayed-out "aggressive" above the intended receiver, showing that the AI is going to attempt that kind of catch when the ball comes down. Placement-Accuracy CAN do this too, but sometimes when you get a perfect release you're just going to get a RAC catch no matter what unless you click on.

Note: I do not have the beta, just going off of what I know from '23.
With the beta, I do see the grayed out aggressive above the intended receiver but the animation never takes place. Now I will say that initially the same thing was happening on 23 when it first came out, but after all the patches when I hit L1 + receiver icon, you are correct, without clicking on they will perform the aggressive catch anim. So, maybe this is just an issue until the 24 actually comes out.

By the way, i am using classic passing as well
Old 06-21-2023, 01:51 PM   #791
Rookie

I have a question as I see a few of you guys prefer using classic passing. In the gameplay deep dive, it seems there are several mentions about skill based passing allowing different aspects of the AI logic, contextual animations (dive catches)/possible outcomes, etc. to play out, seemingly based on using this feature. Personally, I used skill-based passing last year and just turned off all the visual stuff so once I got the hang of it, I didn't really notice much difference between that and classic other than feeling like I had more control of ball placement (on accurate throws). But I'm curious when you choose to use classic passing, does this also apply to the CPU? Kind of seems like that would suck if so, assuming it negates some of the apparent improvements/additions.

However, I realize I may be viewing skill passed passing as the same thing as precision passing (think that's what it's called in the menu settings) and I guess they may be two separate things technically?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2023, 02:00 PM   #792
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I can’t stand that mechanic at all. It also kills the CPU’s ability to play properly and I can’t stand all that crap on the screen.

So happy we can turn it off!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Wait... Is that the Momentum crap that's at the middle top of the screen?

How the CPU plays better with it off? Doesn't the momentum make the game feel more unique.

Last edited by PanthersFan89; 06-21-2023 at 02:29 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »