Home

Are you concerned at this news? Marvin’s Room Madden edition

This is a discussion on Are you concerned at this news? Marvin’s Room Madden edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-26-2024, 05:44 PM   #1
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21
Are you concerned at this news? Marvin’s Room Madden edition

So I heard on podcast this news about MHJ declining the NFLPA contract. After a google search, credits to nbc they gave us all the info we needed to understand.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...ng-deal-so-far

Us gamers here we have noticed sports and athletes change as time has gone by.

Given this information; are you concerned that MHJ will continue to opt out through the season(s)?
Will it end before season starts?
Do you think he could bargain an offer an extreme deal with EA which then could lead to ripple effects with future players entering the league.

What’s everyone’s overall thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2024, 06:11 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Are you concerned at this news? Marvin’s Room Madden edition

I believe EA Sports would just move forward without Marvin Harrison Jr. in the game as long as he doesn't join the NFLPA.

Madden got along just fine without LaVar Arrington back in the day, and similarly didn't miss a beat while missing Bill Belichick for the vast majority of his Patriots' tenure. MLB video games were still enjoyed by many without Barry Bonds at the height of his career in the 2000s. NBA video games still sold quite well without Michael Jordan in the 1990s.

Cardinals fans would be upset with MHJ's absence for sure, but no individual player is going to upend the collectively-bargained position the NFLPA has created here.
Old 04-26-2024, 06:33 PM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

One would assume that if he had come back to college he would have been a guy like Arch to opt out of the college game. Like CM said, it's nothing new. In 2k with the MyEra rosters, you have guys like Reggie Miller and Charles Barkley not opt in, but the community gets them in there. I would think the Madden community will find a way.
Old 04-26-2024, 11:22 PM   #4
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I believe EA Sports would just move forward without Marvin Harrison Jr. in the game as long as he doesn't join the NFLPA.

Madden got along just fine without LaVar Arrington back in the day, and similarly didn't miss a beat while missing Bill Belichick for the vast majority of his Patriots' tenure. MLB video games were still enjoyed by many without Barry Bonds at the height of his career in the 2000s. NBA video games still sold quite well without Michael Jordan in the 1990s.

Cardinals fans would be upset with MHJ's absence for sure, but no individual player is going to upend the collectively-bargained position the NFLPA has created here.

Simple times they were.

Griffin Murphy I believe in New England

Reggie Stocker on MLBTs

I don’t really associate it with sales being affected. However I am a little fearful if whispers come out about Marvin having a specific asking price that future players years down the road will maybe have the courage to try something similar.

Maybe it becomes 4 of the top 20 guys.

With roster sharing I’d highly doubt we could get off with rosters through the share feature. Of course we could quick create.

All just speculation and what if’s by me though

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 04-27-2024, 08:42 AM   #5
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

The only thing I'm concerned about is how to attribute rate the Marvin Harrison Jr I may have to create if he doesn't reach a deal with EA.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2024, 04:28 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
Simple times they were.

Griffin Murphy I believe in New England

Reggie Stocker on MLBTs

I don’t really associate it with sales being affected. However I am a little fearful if whispers come out about Marvin having a specific asking price that future players years down the road will maybe have the courage to try something similar.

Maybe it becomes 4 of the top 20 guys.

With roster sharing I’d highly doubt we could get off with rosters through the share feature. Of course we could quick create.

All just speculation and what if’s by me though
Honestly I think it's a fair question to ask, because the situation is unusual. We haven't seen a player opt out of appearing in a licensed North American sports video game in a long time.

But even if Marvin Harrison Jr. is intentionally pushing for a better deal — I don't think he is, I think he was intentionally minimizing how much he exposed himself during the pre-draft process — he has no leverage. For example, just this past weekend, EA Sports released Madden Ultimate Team items for all the first round draft picks, and they handled the Harrison Jr. situation by simply skipping him.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:30 AM   #7
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm no cards fan but Marvin Harrison Jr comes off as a spoiled self entitled player with an it's all about me attitude.

He not only entering Diva territory but Major Bust Territory with his Shanigans
Over the last few months

Skipping all the combine stuff + all the pro day stuff & now this seems like Marvin Harrison Sr needs to step in & pull his son aside & set him straight cuz he has made some questionable decisions that daddy shouldn't be happy about because Marvin Harrison Sr did it the right way when he played he was a class act & everything you want from a WR

Perhaps Marvin Harrison Jr should learn a thing or 2 from daddy cuz right now this isn't a good look for him..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app
ChiefsFan4Life once a ChiefsFan Always a Chiefs Fan! & A pround member of Chiefs Kingdom & the #1 Fan in the world of the 4x Super Bowl Champions Kansas City Chiefs!

Kansas #1 Kansas City Chiefs Fan!
Kansas #1 Kansas Basketball Fan! Rock Chalk!
Old 04-29-2024, 12:22 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

He is entering bust territory? Lol. You guys get way too torn up about some of the decisions these kids make. If he doesn't end up in the game, it's a shame, but far from a huge deal, imo.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »