Home

Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally?

This is a discussion on Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-11-2014, 04:45 AM   #9
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenblood60
My guess would be no since they didn't even mention it. I remember, in an interview last year, for last gen Madden, Rex said it wouldn't be addressed for Madden 25, but it was a possibility for Madden 15, and if not M15 it would be in M16.

In EA speak that means Madden 16, and even then it wouldn't suprise me if it wasn't addressed in Madden 16. Keep in mind that this was all concerning last gen.
Exactly, if they worked on it they would've made sure we all know about it. No ways they fix something silently and not mention it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
No, I tweeted Clint Oldenburg about it and he said it received little focus this year as well as the challenge system.
Exactly...and annoying.

I guess that means also that assisted tackles still don't work.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:31 AM   #10
Banned

Mike Lowery's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Seems like last year was the running game and offensive line, this year is defensive line, tackling and zone defense. Next year I'm willing to bet it's all about the passing game and man to man coverage. I'm okay with that. They have really been fleshing out the improvements and really focusing on that area of the game. Madden 16 should be the complete game we've been waiting for
Yeah my guess is that next year they will overhaul the passing game (expect a QB on the cover) which will include WR/DB interactions and PI penalties.
Right now it's kinda hard to get a PI called when receivers and db's don't touch each other. PI is like the 2nd or 3rd most called penalty in the NFL, it needs to be in the game asap!

Last edited by Mike Lowery; 06-11-2014 at 06:07 AM.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:43 PM   #11
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11

I see next year as an "animation" year. New running styles, wr/db interaction, tackling animations, and sideline interaction/animation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2014, 10:57 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I think it is inexcusable for penalties to not be a factor in the game. Didn't Rex go on record at E3 to say Madden will be a sim game? Immediately after someone should have asked why there are no penalties being called and how can Madden be sim without penalties.

I am getting very tired of the maybe next year routine.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:09 PM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I think it is inexcusable for penalties to not be a factor in the game. Didn't Rex go on record at E3 to say Madden will be a sim game? Immediately after someone should have asked why there are no penalties being called and how can Madden be sim without penalties.

I am getting very tired of the maybe next year routine.
Actually, he answered in another thread here.

He said Clint Oldenburg and him will be working on the penalties next year. He did say encroachment and I think false start will be called more this year because they are the most called penalties in the NFL and because they worked on the lines this year.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Actually, he answered in another thread here.

He said Clint Oldenburg and him will be working on the penalties next year. He did say encroachment and I think false start will be called more this year because they are the most called penalties in the NFL and because they worked on the lines this year.
See, there it is again.

I am not a EA ***** but why is it that the Madden team can only seem to work on one or two things a year? It would be excusable if those two things were fully developed and worked well but that is not the case.

I thought they worked on line interaction last year?

Edit: Wow that is hilarious, that word triggers the naughty word filter? Come on OS. It is the opposite of love.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:23 PM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds

I thought they worked on line interaction last year?
Doesn't mean they drop it the next year.

Just going off an interview with Clint and Rex last fall. Rex said the days are gone when they implement something one year and don't work on tweaking the next year, and the next year, etc.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2014, 11:35 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Doesn't mean they drop it the next year.

Just going off an interview with Clint and Rex last fall. Rex said the days are gone when they implement something one year and don't work on tweaking the next year, and the next year, etc.....
I get that and it is the correct way to go about it, but working on line interactions last year and leaving out holding and other penalties that are a pivotal part of the "war of the trenches" to work on in the future is not tweaking. Tweaking and refining is fine tuning, e.g. interior pass rush was too effective while outside was not effective enough so we tuned it. Completely ignoring an important aspect is altogether different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »