Home

The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

This is a discussion on The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-13-2014, 12:15 AM   #25
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
It's disappointing when a football game doesn't include proper tackling, something that should be simple to put into the game.
Never said it wasn't. Just said, I enjoy it. It is a video game, I think it is a very fun game of football in online leagues.

Does it need improvement? Oh tons. So does every game though. Don't think I am saying the game is amazing and nothing is wrong, there is plenty that need to be fixed, but to me, atrocious is unplayable, this game is very very playable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 12:26 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Never said it wasn't. Just said, I enjoy it. It is a video game, I think it is a very fun game of football in online leagues.

Does it need improvement? Oh tons. So does every game though. Don't think I am saying the game is amazing and nothing is wrong, there is plenty that need to be fixed, but to me, atrocious is unplayable, this game is very very playable.
I don't think overall playability was ever in question. It's about animation quality. I go back and watch Madden 12 and see good tackles that aren't even in the game anymore. Something is terribly wrong with that, and in the videos we're seeing the tackle variety seems a lot more paltry than many expected. What are they doing? And why?

Every game has areas where it can improve. But some have a lot more than others.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:40 AM   #27
Banned

Mike Lowery's Arena

If they are not going to overhaul tackling and animations anytime soon they should at least get two man tackling right, make it happen way more often dont have defenders standing around have them join in on the tackle. At the very least for Madden 15 please bring the shoulder dive animation back in the game.

Example of shoulder dive tackle illusion animation- watch as surrounding defenders dive down towards the ball carrier. Yes, its a broken gimmick, but atleast they are not standing around like in Madden 15.
http://youtu.be/8MOdlG3Y_OI

Last edited by Mike Lowery; 06-13-2014 at 01:19 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:48 AM   #28
Rookie

Game looks improved (a bit some than more, gameplay wise, more than some graphically)... and looks like fun. The one thing I like about sports games, even with all their flaws, like Madden; is that it's like me playing RL sports with friends. Am I am professional athlete? Hell Naw! Though, playing some B-ball with friends is fun even if we all suck, honestly. Just like playing Madden against RL friends, and not necessarily over the 'net.. even with the not so perfect-ness of the game, it is a fun competition with many of 'in your face sucka' moments together.

This is why I play Madden, even if it has flaws and isn't perfect. It's a video game made by imperfect humans. Get over it.

EDIT: and it's all we got, 2k4LIFE! (if only)
Old 06-13-2014, 01:12 AM   #29

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Op is right. There are no gang tackles in this game. Additional defenders dont come and pile up to take down a ball carrier. They just stand there or fall over awkwardly on the pile if you wanna call it that. Still seeing alot of the same tackle animations when physics is supposed to give us a large variety. The game has come a long way, but you just sit there and say some of the issues shouldnt be issues at this point. We should not still be sitting here saying tackling needs alot of work. The game does look better though.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:18 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Watching the video, the tackling is the same. We are in 2014, we are next gen consoles now and still EA can not properly implement a true tackling system with gang tackling. Time and time again, if a defender is in contact and performing an animation with the ball carrier, anybody around does not play a role in the tackle and just kind of rubs off.

Why madden still has one on one tackling only system now is kind of sad. 2k had gang tackling back in 2005, that is almost 10 years ago and EA continues to have the canned animation with no true tackling system where all defenders can play a role in the tackling. The momentum is always off every year, a runner going forward and the a tackler from behind pulls them backwards, no momentum. Then in m25, ea "fixed" the momentum where they always go forward.

True physics? they need to go back and take a page out of 2k tackling system and implement a true tackling system. That is why there are so many big plays, it is always one on one in the open field. it doesnt happen as often in real life as it does in this game.

If this rex dickson guy is saying they are making a true simulation game where we see in madden is what we see in the game, i dont see damn cones, i see true physics, true tackling, and true swarming defenses instead of continued one on one canned animation tackling.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:55 AM   #31
Banned

Mike Lowery's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official_Mole
Thank you for the feedback.
Thanks, below are some examples

See- 01:15, 02:10, 03:48 (can't believe that animation is still in the game!), 04:55, 05:35, 07:11, 07:40 (nice two man tackle, but number 22 should have got in to it too.
http://youtu.be/NjBC6GJHlfU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 02:22 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 8

Speaking of tackling, why can't we tackle anyone at any time on the field? In other games I loved lining up receivers and trying to time the hit. If I was too early, there would be a flag but man did it feel satisfying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »