Home

The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

This is a discussion on The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-14-2014, 03:19 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Again, I don't like to nitpick video games, I enjoy Madden most of the time so I will never understand some of the complaining that goes on, honestly, I am glad I am this way.

I get to enjoy a NFL football game and those that hate it, don't.
Here is the way I look at it. As long as Madden or any other game is my only NFL option, I'm going to nitpick the things I don't like about it. They took away my options, so I expect a good solid game.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:23 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyHolmes
Here is the way I look at it. As long as Madden or any other game is my only NFL option, I'm going to nitpick the things I don't like about it. They took away my options, so I expect a good solid game.
THIS ^^^^^^

You want to be arrogant, take away my choices, then put out crappy games for 8 years? You better be able to take the backlash that comes with it.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Actually it's only been two years that Rex Dickson has been there as creative director of gameplay, a position that Madden never even had until he was hired.
WR/DB interactions and gang tackling are part of their plan. It takes 3-5 years to make great sports games with consistent direction across the dev team. It won't be much longer before everything is in the game that we want to have in there. Everyone I've talked to that has been able to go down to Tiburon and see their vision for the future has said that. If we don't see much improved WR/DB interactions, signature animations, gang tackling, better animations period in the next two years then we probably never will. I'm almost certain that one or two of those maybe more will be addressed next year. If you go back to last year, we were mostly talking about the graphics and presentation and what they lacked and about the defense and pass rush needing to balance the gameplay and o line blocking out. The year before that it was o/d line interactions and foot planting and before that physics. So based on the 3 years that Cam has been here, it's kind of predictable that WR/DB interactions and gang tackling are probably next.
Just 3-5 years you say? Then what's the hold up? NFL 2k4 showed how to do it, and then we had Madden 05, 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,25(14), and now 15.

That's 11 releases that still haven't done WR/DB interactions and gang tackling properly.

Oh, you mean they need 3-5 more years?? Wow, just wow man.

Stating the new devs will get it done is a bit confident, who says there won't be a new team again next year, or the year after? I'll believe the changes when I see them. We heard the same exact things when Ian took lead.

BTW- I do appreciate you on these forums. Always appreciate your E3 video threads.

Last edited by BigDaddyHolmes; 06-14-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:08 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Just 3-5 years you say? Then what's the hold up? NFL 2k4 showed how to do it, and then we had Madden 05, 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,25(14), and now 15.

That's 11 releases that still haven't done WR/DB interactions and gang tackling properly.

Stating the new devs will get it done is a bit confident, who says there won't be a new team again next year, or the year after? I'll believe the changes when I see them. We heard the same exact things when Ian took lead.

BTW- I do appreciate you on these forums. Always appreciate your E3 video threads.

PUt it more in perspective, I think 2ks first game was in 1998/99? So by 2k5 they had online franchise and gangtackling. While madden didn't get online franchise until 2010 and never really had gang tackling.

So essentially 2k was able to do these 5 years since their first game while madden couldnt/cant do it in the 5-10 years since the exclusivity.

At some point, we are working on it really doesnt t mean much. I think that point has passed

I really is an embarrassment for ea

Old 06-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #61
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

The tackling in this game has never looked good, ever. Hit stick was then added, arcade bull****, should've been for blitz.

Pro tak?..bunch of guys hugging. Scrap that.

Still no form tackles or gang tackling.

Not sure what y'all are waiting for.....oh wait, yes I do. Momentum in tackling. Momentum? Momentum in physics. Let's start there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2014, 05:37 PM   #62
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

If they can re-do motion cap and make the height/weight matter a lot of Madden problems would be fixed. It's sad that guys tackle with hit stick think about for a second. Kickers/Punters all can send the same lunging hit than an MLB/Safety can. There's some instances when there's solid wrap up others I just look away.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:50 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:

I know jp can stick up for himself but I have to chime in. This team has been working on the game the last few years. They've put in a whole new physics engine, completely redone running mechanics which accurately represent how running backs play the game, completely redone coverage AI, completely changed how to play defense in the game and ratings look to matter this year (for example QB accuracy). Not to mention they've completely redone ol/dl interactions and logic. They are arguably the best ever in a video game.

He said it takes 3-5 years for a development team to implement their full plan in the game. It's been 2 years with this team and he clearly implied that next year or the year after the game will finally be what we are looking for. He's confident because he is happy with what the team has done up to this point, as am I. Does it still need improvement, yes but IMO you can clearly see improvements to the things this team has chosen to change SO FAR.

Madden has not been good for years because they keep switching dev teams like he's said. Not to mention there have been some terrible dev teams in that 9 year span. If they switch to a new team, the game will take 3 to 5 years for the next dev team to change the game to their liking, unless that team gets fired too. So let's hope this team keeps doing what they're doing, because in my opinion they are doing it right.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-15-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:10 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
I know jp can stick up for himself but I have to chime in. This team has been working on the game the last few years. They've put in a whole new physics engine, completely redone running mechanics which accurately represent how running backs play the game, completely redone coverage AI, completely changed how to play defense in the game and ratings look to matter this year (for example QB accuracy). Not to mention they've completely redone ol/dl interactions and logic. They are arguably the best ever in a video game.

He said it takes 3-5 years for a development team to implement their full plan in the game. It's been 2 years with this team and he clearly implied that next year or the year after the game will finally be what we are looking for. He's confident because he is happy with what the team has done up to this point, as am I. Does it still need improvement, yes but IMO you can clearly see improvements to the things this team has chosen to change SO FAR.

Madden has not been good for years because they keep switching dev teams like he's said. Not to mention there have been some terrible dev teams in that 9 year span. If they switch to a new team, the game will take 3 to 5 years for the next dev team to change the game to their liking, unless that team gets fired too. So let's hope this team keeps doing what they're doing, because in my opinion they are doing it right.
The bolded is not accurate. I'll let someone else tell it but it is nowhere near accurate. And for guys on the board who have been to EA you know what I'm talking about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »