Home

My idea for a ratings system

This is a discussion on My idea for a ratings system within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2015, 01:24 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
My idea for a ratings system

Here's my idea for how to make the ratings system in CCM fun, which would incidentally fix scouting. EA feel free to use it free of charge, although if you insist on compensation reviving the NCAA series will do.

Every player has their set of ratings just like they do now. You can see your players, you can see other team's players, you can see draft prospect's ratings. They shows up as numbers just like they do now.

Every player has one additional rating. You could call it "insight," or "knowledge" or whatever. This would be a measurement of how sure you are of the ratings you see in the other areas. You see a 85 OVR but only have a 10 in this rating? Could be anything from a 70 to a 99. Probably closer to the 85 than either of those but you don't know for sure. Spend time scouting him or playing games with him and maybe your knowledge rating goes up to 30 and his OVR drops to 82, but you're getting closer to knowing his real set of skills. After starting for your team for two years his knowledge is at an 80 and his OVR (with the years of development) is up to an 86. You know just what you've got now.

Each team has a different rating for each player. Long term starters in the NFL would be well known to everybody and fully known to their own team. Rookies midway through the season might be decently known by their own team but if another team hasn't spent time watching tape they might not really know.

For every draft prospect you'd have a very low knowledge rating starting out and you'd see their ratings. You can spend time scouting players and get a better picture of how good they are. You can also spend time scouting opposing teams to see who their weapons are, or even doing tape study on your own team or potential free agents to try and lock down their ratings.

When starting a CCM you would start with the "out of the box" ratings and some formulas would then change everyone's ratings based on their consistency (Aaron Rodgers isn't going to turn to a scrub but Mariotta could end up being anything from a bust to a star). That'd make each CCM play out differently as well. You'd also have to remove the XP system and do progression/regression under the hood so that'd be fixed for the sim crowd as well.

I've thought this through for a while and I think it would work.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »