Home

We NEED to be able to CONTROL our CCM!

This is a discussion on We NEED to be able to CONTROL our CCM! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2015, 09:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
We NEED to be able to CONTROL our CCM!

I am sick and tired of EA keeping this from us... Give us the option to control our offline CCM the way we want to.

Don't like a drafted first round rookie to be named Ronald McDonald? Let us change their name.

Don't like seeing Philip Rivers go from a 88 OVR to a 69 OVR after a season throwing 27 TD's to 10 INTs? Or did you see a rookie WR put up over 1,000 yards and 10 TD's but only go up 2 points in OVR? Let us change OVR to what we see fit.

The EDIT player option is there. NOW let us edit a player how we want to. This would not be hard at all for them to implement in CCM but for whatever reason do not want to give us the control. Sure, some people will cheese and make all their players 99 OVRs. Who cares? It is their offline CCM that has no effect on anyone else.

Again, I am speaking purely to offline CCM.. but something like allowing rookie name changes should obviously be put in online CCM as well.

They could obviously make this happen... So we as a community should make sure it does. Whether it comes in a patch or comes right out of the gate, I think this would do wonders to making our CCM's much more enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 09:38 PM   #2
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: We NEED to be able to CONTROL our CCM!

Franchise mode is an afterthought at this point. I honestly think they are throwing in the towel, they can't figure it out. We still lack simple things like practice squads...How is this not in Madden? We still can't get create or edit draft classes. Its been years of disappointment for franchise mode fans, all we get are little tweaks to scouting and whatnot. MUT has been a huge hit for EA and that's why they are coming out with this Draft Champs mode, it looks somewhat similar. Its way more important to EA to please the causal fans. This isn't a rant either, with all these amazing games like Fallout 4 coming out and so much other good stuff like Dark Souls, etc... Madden doesn't mean much anymore. 5 years ago I would be really upset, I'm now at a point where I just won't buy it. I don't want to waste my time.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:46 PM   #3
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

They don't even let you change the opponents uniform anymore...unless you use two controllers and then disconnect one...and hope the game saves and don't boot you to main menu.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:15 AM   #4
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

I am hoping that this change is in Madden 16.

I am hoping they announced it at some point this week, but I just haven't found that news.

I paid $60 for the game, I should be able to customize any thing I want in any way.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:38 AM   #5
Rookie

titit32000's Arena

All I want is to edit names.. I want my the first overall pick to be some one I know and remember.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 01:11 PM   #6
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by titit32000
All I want is to edit names.. I want my the first overall pick to be some one I know and remember.
You mean you don't remember John Johnson who comes into the league with dreads, shoulder pads up to his ears, rocking all the latest 1960's equipment? How could you forget him?
Old 06-17-2015, 01:29 PM   #7
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Yea I agree with the OP I haven't enjoyed this franchise mode since Madden 12 and the main reason is the lack of freedom and customization in the mode, I remember someone saying that adding the edit player feature caused more bugs, and the one year that they patched it in players bodies became all messed up once you made a change to a player, but since then I'm not sure if they made an attempt to put it back in so we are stuck playing this mode the way they want us to play it instead of putting our personal stamp on the mode.

I said this in another thread before but if EA would take the same route as NBA2k in making another Franchise mode separate of CCM that is like a sandbox mode where everything is customizable a lot of the gripes we have with this mode would no longer be valid.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:44 PM   #8
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5

Full edit capability in CCM is a must have before I buy another Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »