Home

Any interest in NFL "D League" sim franchise?

This is a discussion on Any interest in NFL "D League" sim franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 03:39 AM   #1
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0
Any interest in NFL "D League" sim franchise?

With renewed talks of the NFL needing some sort of development league it got my brain spinning on ways that we could implement one in the virtual world. I'm posting here (along with in the "other football" section) to gauge interest in something like this.

Initially I'd like to start with 6-8 teams, each team being "owned" by a different person. All roster moves, depth chart changes, etc would be posted on a forum and then implemented in game by the Commisioner (me) on my system on an offline dynasty file. Something like an 8 game regular season, with the top 4 teams playing for the Championship (which would be talked about and renamed by the leagues "owners") The rosters would be filled initially with a draft from a pool of lower free agents, players cut by NFL teams, and the undrafted players.

I was also thinking about implementing rule changes from the NFL norm to allow players to join the league straight out of high school, instead of having to wait until 3 years after they graduated. Then maybe putting in an age limit of 28 or so, so that all players in the league are younger players that are "developing" themselves before they're NFL career kicks off. This league would target the
"Mr. Irrelevants" of the NFL, as well as the Terrele Pryor's who for whatever reason had to leave college before they were ready fundamentally to play in the NFL.

So ya, semi long post I know. But would anyone be interested in something like this? Any suggestions are welcomed, but please don't turn this into a discussion as to why the NFL should/shouldn't have a development league. Keep all comments related to my original ideas in this post.

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2015, 08:32 AM   #2
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Re: Any interest in NFL "D League" sim franchise?

Which system.

For M15 or M16?

Guessing it would be unranked matches, not a CFM correct?
Old 08-08-2015, 10:24 AM   #3
MVP

whughes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Which system.

For M15 or M16?

Guessing it would be unranked matches, not a CFM correct?
It'd be M15 since I don't plan on buying 16 right away. Although I was leaning towards possibly using 12. I think you misunderstood my post though, you won't actually be playing the games. You'll be more of a Jerry Jones type owner, constructing your team if whichever way you want. And then the games would be simmed

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 08-08-2015, 10:29 AM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Please don't create duplicate threads. The thread you started in the other football games forums is the one you can use.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »